- The Devil's Third Encrypted .Wem by TheGoldenChild at 7:04 PM EDT on April 6, 2018
- Devil's third has some encrypted .Wem files and I was wondering if anyone could help me decrypt them and turn them into playable sound files. I have also uploaded some other files in case they could help. The .PCK contains a lot of other .wem files and the .bnk is unknown since its encrypted.
Another link gave me something called a WUD key but I am unsure if it is for the game files "92BEDF1789CC99D9D94FF7C8C99358C3"
- by simonmkwii at 1:43 AM EDT on April 7, 2018
- None of it is encrypted!
It's all just standard WEM.
The .bnk contains 27 WEM files, all of which are sound effects.
- The Devil's Third Encrypted .Wem by TheGoldenChild at 12:12 PM EDT on April 7, 2018
- Now, getting to the files is possible however playing them in programs like Ravioli's extractor, VLC and also trying to play them in Foobar returns an error and no sound which normally doesn't happen when I try to play .wem files. If they play for you what program do you use?
The errors I get in Ravioli's tools are ( Preview Error: Conversion Fail )
Foobar says its unable to playback and VLC doesn't even play a sound.
edited 12:14 PM EDT April 7, 2018
- by bxaimc at 12:28 PM EDT on April 7, 2018
- Do you have the latest vgmstream release for foobar?
- The Devil's Third Encrypted .Wem by TheGoldenChild at 2:34 PM EDT on April 7, 2018
- Ugh... I hate when that happens.. I was not updated to the most current vgmstream so I was playing old .wem's but not anything like the current. Thank you for that!
- The Devil's Third Encrypted .Wem by TheGoldenChild at 6:31 PM EDT on April 9, 2018
- Side note is there anyway to make a quick BMS script to extract the files with their actual names? I used ravoli's tool but everything extracts as numbers instead of the actual file name.
- by bxaimc at 6:42 PM EDT on April 9, 2018
- I don’t think PCK has names. Only BNKs do and they’re hashed.
- The Devil's Third Encrypted .Wem by TheGoldenChild at 6:52 PM EDT on April 9, 2018
- Gotcha, ah well if they cannot be extracted that way its no big deal. I am just thankful that I can even play them and that they aren't encrypted lol.
Time to listen to the soothing sounds of grunting and yelling :D
- by Infernus Animositas at 12:44 AM EDT on April 10, 2018
- Ravioli Tools actually gives you the original hashed IDs that Wwise assigns to the audio files which is quite useful if you have certain file/s to cross reference them.
More recently, there might be a file called Wwise_IDs.h which should contain original filenames.
For older titles that use Wwise, there might be a SoundBanksInfo.xml file which contains the filenames.
These files aren't necessary though so sometimes the devs remove them before the game is shipped so there's no way to get them.
- The Devil's Third Encrypted .Wem by TheGoldenChild at 1:07 AM EDT on April 10, 2018
- Ah, gotcha, unfortunately those files were not in there or they are hidden somewhere in another location. I do know what you mean by the SOundbanks.xml as they were inside of a game called APB which helps me to find sound effects.
But, no big worries going through these sounds manually won't kill me.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.003s;