- Super Nes non SPC music by Koto at 7:23 PM EDT on April 15, 2018
I want to record Lost Vikings and Lost Vikings 2 music, but I cannot find any emulator which can log WAV directly. Could I extract music from the ROM or emulator in some lossless way? Thanks...
- by MoldyPond at 7:44 PM EDT on April 15, 2018
- There's a few options. If you're using SNES9X, you can record an AVI (Choose uncompressed to get proper audio) then either extract the audio with a program or load it into something like Audacity..
A much better option though would be to load the SPCs in Foobar, then convert them to WAV files.
- by kode54 at 11:44 PM EDT on April 15, 2018
- Or you could use SNSFs, which have already been ripped for those games.
- by Kirishima at 9:48 PM EDT on April 16, 2018
- Mame supports wav output, if you know how to use that emulator.
edited 9:48 PM EDT April 16, 2018
- by Koto at 3:02 PM EDT on April 17, 2018
- I'm trying to extract audio from videos recorded with bsnes (I think it has better audio quality), but it only export video in bsv format, but don't know how to handle that...
- by kode54 at 10:19 PM EDT on April 18, 2018
- You didn't even notice my reply about an optimized xSF format that emulates just the music code and only contains the sequence data and samples? They even provide handy player plugins. It will loop forever, or fade and change tracks, whatever you configure it to do. It will also support converting to WAV files, if you really need that for some reason.
- by Koto at 9:11 AM EDT on April 19, 2018
- In fact, I gave it a try, but I notice that "Tomator Spaceship" miss a few notes in the final solo with in_snsf plugin. And using the modified snes9x is the same as loading the rom itself, I think... I don't know any SNSF player which sounds better than emulator, at least with that game.
Thanks for your help
edited 6:50 PM EDT April 19, 2018
- by Kirishima at 1:08 PM EDT on April 19, 2018
- You could probably import that video into foobar and output the sound as wav, depending on whether the audio was encoded in something foobar can read.
- by Franpa at 3:03 PM EDT on April 19, 2018
- Why not just use Microsoft Sound Recorder or Audacity to record your computer audio output?
- by Koto at 6:56 PM EDT on April 19, 2018
- @Kirishima: Which Foobar component I need to play video files?
@Franpa: Is lossy
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0037s;