- Nicktoons Racing PS1 Music by Infomaniac95 at 10:10 PM EDT on April 21, 2018
- So for some time, I have been trying to obtain the PS1 music files for the game, Nicktoons Racing, but have not had any luck getting them, since they seemed to be lumped in one file. The PC DOES have the music in wav format, but its in 22khz, and has alot of background noise. Any pointers/help would be very nice. If this post is lacking some info you need, let me know, and ill see if i can get said info you need.
- by bxaimc at 11:56 PM EDT on April 21, 2018
Maybe I’ll take a look.
- by Kirishima at 11:58 PM EDT on April 21, 2018
- The files are streamed sony adpcm. They're in the cdimage.wod file. Problem is they seem to be headerless.
You can rip the audio with something like FastElbJa's ADPCM player, then just throw them into vgmtoolbox's genh maker. Should be 2 channels interleaved at 800.
- by Infomaniac95 at 3:32 AM EDT on April 22, 2018
- I couldn't get it working, so RIP that idea.
If someone here could rip it for me, that would be very much appreciated!
- by simonmkwii at 5:13 AM EDT on April 22, 2018
- It's in the file called "CDIMAGE.WOD"
It's a binary archive file, and it appears to have a full filesystem with folders, names and other stuff.
Hopefully someone skilled with structs and quickBMS can do something!
- by Infomaniac95 at 5:09 PM EDT on April 22, 2018
- Well, I have the music files ripped, i just dont know how to properly make a genh. A screenshot of what id need to set would help alot.
- by Kirishima at 7:13 PM EDT on April 22, 2018
- You need vgmtoolbox. There should be a genh tab under misc. It should be pretty straight forward from there, except newer versions of the genh creator have a setting called "Raw Data Size". It says optional, but it really isn't. Putting something like 1 in there was enough to satisfy it when I was testing it. I don't know if that was ever fixed, but a new compiled revision hasn't been released yet.
edited 7:14 PM EDT April 22, 2018
- by Infomaniac95 at 8:23 PM EDT on April 22, 2018
- Nope, still wont work. I think i need a screenshot, cause i cant get it to generate working genh files.
- by Kirishima at 11:58 AM EDT on April 23, 2018
- What exactly are you doing? I'll try to walk you through it since I don't know how to post screens here. Start from what program you used to rip the initial files.
- by simonmkwii at 12:43 PM EDT on April 23, 2018
- Bad news, the PS1 version is also sampled at 22KHz.
Good news, I have remastered it, by expanding it to 44KHz, filtering the ADPCM artefacts using dequantization techniques and restored the treble balance to account for the audible aliasing occured by using zero-order hold interpolation as the spectral/frequency reconstruction technique.
You might not understand what I'm talking about, but the good news is, I'm uploading high-quality remastered versions of each track!
(Note: you'll need to split them yourself, there's over an hour of music there, and after I did the remastering job, I got tired...)
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0043s;