Previous Page | Next Page
- by Knurek at 5:59 AM EST on January 23, 2016
- Trying to read the newest Stephenson novel, Seveneves.
He still hasn't learned how to write an ending, he always just seems to run out of pages in his works. This time at least he wrote a 300 page epilogue, that doesn't really have anything in common with the main book.
- by hcs at 6:09 AM EST on January 23, 2016
- I had Seveneves out from the library but had to return it before I got far, didn't even get to the darn earth being destroyed. What I did read I didn't care enough about to want to start reading it again. Didn't like Reamde either.
I wish he'd do another historical fiction like The Baroque Cycle or Cryptonomicon or pseudo-historical like Anathem.
- by hcs at 1:27 AM EST on January 24, 2016
- Is Auralux something like Eufloria (aka Dyson)? Looks kinda like it, I'd played that once years ago.
- by hcs at 6:56 AM EST on January 29, 2016
- Been bingeing on The Witness the last few days, got pretty much everything I know about complete, including the credits which were an awesome surprise (except for some secrets that I know how to do in principle but which aren't essential to my happiness). 439 panels complete.
Stuck on the shipwreck, which I really just don't even know how to approach. This is the last puzzle I know about besides one which I think will only unlock when everything else is complete.
Then again I may be overlooking something...
Yep, definitely missed something.
edited 7:34 AM EST January 29, 2016
- by dj4uk6cjm at 11:39 PM EST on January 30, 2016
- Well I've been catching up on some of my favorite cw shows supernatural and vampire diaries lately and I'm quite surprised how things turned out this week for the start of the new season, I actually love and hate that cass is the new lucifer now because he should've stayed in his cage and cass was a fool to merge with him but at the same time I'm happy lucy gets some screen time.
Vampire diaries has been just disappointing thus far since the salvatore brothers died and had their souls trapped inside the phoenix stone, whether it was real or fake they actually had damon kill everyone he loved when he escaped the stone lol the series is going down hill, it was better when nina dobrev was still on the show. Hopefully she returns to undo the mess thats befallen mystic falls.
- by hcs at 12:20 PM EST on January 31, 2016
- I finally, after many hours over the last few days, completed "a certain challenge" in The Witness. Still have a lot of little secret things to pick up, but that was the main thing I wanted.
- by AnonRunzes at 12:50 PM EST on January 31, 2016
- I'm trying to rip a USF using the newest version of Project64(that is, the last build I got from somewhere). Can someone responsible for the IDA plugins/scripts/libraries/tools required for USF ripping update these for the newest version of Project64?
- by hcs at 1:50 PM EST on January 31, 2016
- USF ripping mostly involved being able to compile Project 64 yourself to put in hacks and generate sparse save states/ROMs. I don't know anything about the newer Project 64, and I'm not involved with N64 stuff anymore, really.
I wrote the IDA plugin, but I don't have a setup anymore where I can compile IDA plugins. I think the source is online, but it didn't do much anyway besides load the RAM and start auto-analysis at the current PC (iirc).
- by hcs at 2:45 AM EST on February 21, 2016
- I've just (in the last day) backed two video game music arrangement crowdfunding projects:
Triforce Quartet's New Album: Ultima Phantasia
Video Games Live: Level 5
Played The Talos Principle a week or so ago, nice puzzles and some interesting ideas. It seemed very unfocused and busy with careless detail to me, after coming from The Witness. I can see why some people like Talos more, the story is more coherent and the subtext more explicit, but I didn't really find the story all that interesting or the shallow tie-in between the philosophy and the game very compelling.
I think the explicit stuff in The Witness is just there to give you something to think about, if you want, while doing puzzles and exploring, but Talos seems to feel like it is telling you what the game is *about*, though it seems largely disconnected from what you actually do.
For instance, a lot of the stuff you do for the extra bonus stars is a subversion of the implicit contract with the game, but this isn't actually tied in with the whole "disobedience" plot at all, which seems like a wasted opportunity. There is a throughline through the game's plot which seems to involve a lot more choices and gives you credit for going your own way, but it is obviously the thing that you actually should do. The stuff that actually requires you to figure out how to "break" some things, breaking out of the apparent puzzle structure, is just treated as sanctioned bonus content. I think this is because they want people to play through the linear plot, so there can't be plot in stuff which is supposed to be hard and hidden, since people may not find it.
Also dug out Infinifactory again, played that a bit with my brother giving advice.
edited 2:49 AM EST February 21, 2016
- by hcs at 10:50 AM EDT on March 16, 2016
- Chronicles of Time, a 5-disc Chrono Trigger arrangement album, came out last month and I missed it somehow. Run by the same guy who put together Spectrum of Mana, it's the same kind of mixed bag, mostly good, though.
It's only available for sale, unlike SoM, I think the minimum is $20, but it's properly licensed (supposedly) and proceeds go to charity.
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0208s;