- .WV6 audio by sandmanfan98 at 5:26 AM EDT on May 4, 2018
- I'm trying to convert .WV6 audio files. It's IMA ADPCM COMPRESSED 16 BIT AUDIO when I put it in a hex editor. I made threads about this on zenHAX and XeNTaX but haven't gotten replies. No idea if it's completely foreign or a really simple format and I'm just plain stupid. Would really appreciate if someone would please help me with this.
Samples here are from Fairly OddParents Breakin' Da Rules.
- by simonmkwii at 8:07 AM EDT on May 4, 2018
- It's just standard 4-bit IMA-ADPCM at 44100Hz, mono, and 0x88 interleave.
- by sandmanfan98 at 5:33 PM EDT on May 4, 2018
- Alright I did that, but it isn't as clear as it plays in the game. The created genhs sound static-like and a little distorted. It plays at the right frequency, just sounds low-quality.
edited 5:43 PM EDT May 4, 2018
- by bnnm at 1:14 PM EDT on May 5, 2018
- I don't think it's pure IMA but a minor variation; I get cleaner sound with some tweaks but still not perfect. Post the .exe/sound dlls, could help.
- by sandmanfan98 at 12:38 AM EDT on May 6, 2018
- Couldn't find any sound related .dlls but here's the game exe
- by sandmanfan98 at 7:01 AM EDT on May 28, 2018
- Sorry for the bump, but I now have cleaner sound by selecting Interleaved DVI 4-Bit IMA ADPCM. However there's an annoying pop at the start and end of each audio clip. Is there a way to fix this besides trimming each one?
- by hcs at 9:14 PM EDT on May 28, 2018
- Probably it has an initial history/index set that isn't being loaded.
edited 9:15 PM EDT May 28, 2018
- by bnnm at 4:42 PM EDT on May 29, 2018
- If you open your wav with Audacious you'll see the waveform is distorted, hence it will pop. AFAIK it's not pure DVI/IMA.
Didn't see hist/index in the header but I don't think it would fix a waveform that bad.
I get a good waveform using a alternate nibble expand model, but there is still some deviation, and I don't know enough about ADPCM to guess why.
Basically: ((nibble * 2) * step) / 8 rather than ((nibble * 2 + 1) * step) / 8 (IIRC also improved a few other games, could be a common model).
IOW there is nothing you can do.
- by hcs at 8:16 PM EDT on May 29, 2018
- Ah ok, different rounding model also makes sense.
- by bnnm at 5:12 PM EDT on August 4, 2018
- I finally added this to vgmstream, after analyzing the .exe with IDA, should sound correctly.
It was using: sample = hist + sign*((u_nibble*step) / 8) + ((u_nibble*step) / 4)
I wonder why everybody loves to do their own IMAs?
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0028s;