- cseq2mid by kr3nshaw at 10:00 PM EDT on May 30, 2018
- My search for the sequences used in the StreetPass minigames led me to this post. The person who uploaded the archive also included cseq2midi by soneek, but the version provided doesn't convert the sequences properly.
Using the source code of soneek's program (also provided in the archive), I rewrote cseq2mid from scratch. My version is capable of converting all of the musical sequences without fail.
The program struggles to convert ambient sequences, due to the usage of arithmetic operations and multiple subroutines. If there's anybody who understands more about this than I do, please look at the source code on GitHub and tell me which commands I haven't implemented properly.
The next step is to work out how to create SF2 or DLS files from the data in the StreetPass BCSAR, as some of the sequences sound a bit odd when played back using GM. I haven't been able to find a tool that does this yet. Does anyone know of such a program?
- by 54634564 at 2:52 PM EDT on June 1, 2018
- If you're curious about the bits of the format you have listed as unknown, check out this bcseq 'decompiler' I threw together. I posted this in the 3DS thread like two and a half years ago, but it looks like the original link is down.
- by 54634564 at 3:03 PM EDT on June 1, 2018
- Found this documentation I must have been working on, my memory is a little hazy. This may be more useful than that messy python code in my last post.
cseq file format
- by kr3nshaw at 1:16 AM EDT on June 2, 2018
- That's incredible useful. Thanks so much!
Do you have a Discord account or something that I could use to privately message you on?
- by icecream at 12:07 AM EDT on June 5, 2018
- Hey kr3n, it's me from the Discord, figured this would be the best place to point you to this:
This has the .BCSARs from the games added in 2017 and I think they deserve a look see just as much as the other ones.
- by kr3nshaw at 10:41 PM EDT on June 5, 2018
- 3DSUSoundArchiveTool segfaults on every minigame except Slot Racer. I wish soneek would read this ;/
On the plus side, the sequences from Slot Racer convert perfectly.
edited 10:46 PM EDT June 5, 2018
- by a574045075 at 10:32 PM EDT on October 11, 2018
Can you share cseq2mid again? The link is invalid. I need this tool.
- by hcs at 2:22 AM EDT on October 12, 2018
- The Streetpass_DLC_Music.rar link in that post is still good and provides the old version Kai used for the rewrite.
- by icecream at 1:03 PM EDT on October 13, 2018
- The rewrite's source is available here:
- by hcs at 9:19 AM EDT on October 14, 2018
- Thanks icecream (and of course kr3nshaw)! IPFS link with a release build
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0028s;