- The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition Broken 2sf? by MoldyPond at 10:27 PM EDT on July 2, 2018
- I recently tried ripping Four Swords Anniversary Edition to 2sf and it works, but foobar gives a decoding failure, even though their lengths show up. The SWAVs work just fine though. I know this isn't a DSiWare problem as Shantae: Risky's Revenge works perfectly fine. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.
edited 10:29 PM EDT July 2, 2018
- by kode54 at 9:30 PM EDT on July 15, 2018
- Someone probably needs to update the DS emulator source to more recent DeSmuME, which I guess is kind of dead in the water now. It just needs a working DS emulator, with no graphics rendering, or input emulation, basically most of the process stripped down. And for goodness' sake, it should be fully reentrant, so that multiple threads can use different instances of the emulator. No, it definitely doesn't need to support simultaneous access to the same instance, though.
- by Kurausukun at 10:48 PM EDT on July 15, 2018
- I'm going to assume that NCSF doesn't work either?
- by kode54 at 11:14 PM EDT on July 15, 2018
- NCSF requires re-ripping the set to NCSF, assuming it's compatible. Doesn't require a full DS emulator to play, so it requires less processing power.
- by Kurausukun at 1:20 AM EDT on July 16, 2018
- Sorry, that was unclear; I meant that I wanted to make sure he had tried to rip it to NCSF and that didn't work, so he's trying 2sf.
- by MoldyPond at 6:44 AM EDT on July 16, 2018
- Not sure how to rip to NCSF so it might be worth a try. After extensive listening to NCSF files from Diddy Kong Racing DS though, is it just me or do they sound worse than 2sf, regardless of which audio filter is being used?
- by Kurausukun at 12:58 PM EDT on July 17, 2018
- The only experience I've had with NCSF is that it's way faster and occasionally sounds better than 2sf, though I haven't listened to the Diddy Kong Racing rip. The tools are found in SDATStuff.zip from here: http://www.cyberbotx.com/NCSF/
- by MoldyPond at 1:15 PM EDT on July 17, 2018
- Well would you look at that :)
Everything's there except the new "retro" levels' music, but I doubt that's a concern. There's already an upload on joshw for the 2sf version but it's still broken. Is there a place to upload NCSF rips?
- by Kurausukun at 2:10 PM EDT on July 17, 2018
- I don't think there is, sadly. NCSF was meant to replace 2sf completely, but we're still kind of stuck to 2sf for whatever reasons.
- by MoldyPond at 3:49 PM EDT on July 17, 2018
- Well I've been going through my DS roms ripping them to NCSF, and I can see why. Certain games sound slightly wrong/worse, and a bunch of them just give me errors when I try to rip them. Thank god at least the one game that didn't work with 2sf works with this with no problems :3
As a side note, the few games that had buzzing problems with 2sf (Bowser's Inside Story's "Tea Break" and Art Academy's "Swan Lesson") playback with no buzzing at all in NCSF :)
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.003s;