- IT2SPC? by dj4uk6cjm at 10:41 PM EDT on July 12, 2018
- Is there any way to convert IT mod files to SPC? I'm aware of SPC2IT but I need something else to do the exact opposite of that if you guys can recommend me one let me know, thanks!
- by StarWolf3000 at 1:42 AM EDT on July 13, 2018
- I know there exists an IT2SPC converter, but it doesn't output an .spc file, but rather an object file to be used within a ROM.
There is an XM2SPC converter which can output .spc files, but you'd need to have .xm (Fast Tracker II) modules for it (and its also a bad idea to convert Impulse Tracker files to Fast Tracker II files).
Sadly, Deflemask (a music tracker for several videogame chips, primary FM synths) doesn't support tracker modules and the SPC700 yet.
If you have experience, you could try to re-compose the .it module with SNES GSS, which is a SNES-specific music tracker.
- by dj4uk6cjm at 3:53 PM EDT on July 13, 2018
- After a very long time of searching I was able to find the IT2SPC program you were referring to and I tried it out just to be sure and you're right, it doesn't output my IT files to SPC which is unfortunate :/ I wonder why the dev designed it for object files only but whatever the reason I'll try SNES GSS unless it's possible to convert IT to XM and then maybe XM back to SPC maybe that could work.
- by djDarkX at 3:19 AM EDT on July 14, 2018
- There is XM2SNES and SNESMod. The latter takes IT files and converts them to SPC files, however, you HAVE to make sure the samples are formatted for SNES standards or else you'll easily run out of memory and they songs won't play properly. The former takes XM files and does the same. They were both written by the same guy, but do things differently. I personally prefer XMSNES, but SNESMod is a lot better with far more features.
XMSNES - http://www.mediafire.com/file/l6od0kgagej3pip/xmsnes070702_win_fixed.rar/file
SNESMod - http://www.morganleahrecords.com/augustus/blackheart/src/smconv.tar.xz
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0024s;