- Snake Pass Quality Difference by MoldyPond at 9:16 PM EDT on July 26, 2018
- Seeing as how the PS4 version of Snake Pass was recently uploaded, I've noticed that the bitrate is higher than the PC version, however they're both in completely different formats. Is there a way to compare the two versions to see if the PS4 version is actually higher quality or not?
- by Sephirothkefka at 9:19 PM EDT on July 26, 2018
- What are the formats used for both?
The easiest way is converting both to wave and comparing both with a spectrum analyzer via something like Adobe Audition. I've used this to compare KH1.5/2.5 PS3 and PS4 versions and noticed the AT9's were higher quality than the MP3s at the same bitrate (both were 192kbps).
- by MoldyPond at 8:44 AM EDT on July 27, 2018
- I've seen a few forums elsewhere of people saying to use a spectrum analyzer, and unless the one in audacity isn't good, then I have no idea what I'm looking at. No one's actually explained how to use it :)
- by Sephirothkefka at 9:04 AM EDT on July 27, 2018
- Can you send 2 of the same file then that is "dynamically active?" I'd love to compare them once I get home later today.
- by MoldyPond at 10:33 AM EDT on July 27, 2018
- Will do later tonight :)
- by MoldyPond at 10:19 PM EDT on July 27, 2018
- Alrighty here you go :)
The .at9 is the PS4 version and the oggs are the PC version.
- by Sephirothkefka at 12:26 AM EDT on July 28, 2018
- How odd...
With the tracks provided there's no difference at all. both are identical to each other. I couldn't even hear any noticeable differences
- by MoldyPond at 1:41 AM EDT on July 28, 2018
- So are you using a spectrum analyzer to see the difference? If so, how do you use it?
- by kode54 at 4:27 AM EDT on July 28, 2018
- I believe he is using his ears to hear a difference. That is ordinarily how one hears things.
Atrac9 was optimized for lower bitrates, but may be more audibly lossy than Ogg Vorbis of higher bitrates. For strange reasons, they do not use this codec outside of their consoles.
- by Sephirothkefka at 5:46 AM EDT on July 28, 2018
I used both just to let you know. I'll post pics soon. Stop assuming things before stating your statements.
 I guess I glanced at them too quickly.
Top is AT9 converted to WAV bottom is direct OGG
edited 5:53 AM EDT July 28, 2018
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0031s;