- Sega Rally Championship Audio Format by MoldyPond at 7:41 PM EDT on August 2, 2018
- I just recently decided to download the music for the Saturn game Sega Rally Championship and noticed they were VBR MP3's. I get the feeling this isn't the original format so does anyone know if there's a way to get it in SSF format or not, or if I'm wrong and those really are the original files?
- by AnonRunzes at 8:49 PM EDT on August 2, 2018
- if you downloaded the music from these joshw.info sets, then you are definitely screwed as these .mp3 files could be actually are actually lossy CD rips
before anyone tries to shit on me for assuming things, keep in mind i'm speculating on the situation
meaning it's up to anyone to confirm if my speculation is true or not
edited 8:49 PM EDT August 2, 2018
- by Sephirothkefka at 10:21 PM EDT on August 2, 2018
- They are CD rips. The NiGHTS rip is the same thing. (for the CDDA stuff anyway)
edited 10:21 PM EDT August 2, 2018
- by MoldyPond at 12:27 AM EDT on August 3, 2018
- So just find a good ol' ISO and I'd be good to go?
- by bxaimc at 5:04 AM EDT on August 3, 2018
- See, at the time when these were all uploaded, there were space constraints with the server and I guess it was decided MP3 was the best option? Meh, eventually all of these will have to be reripped.
- by MoldyPond at 8:42 AM EDT on August 3, 2018
- Well I've got the ISO now so how would one go about ripping it?
- by Sephirothkefka at 11:21 AM EDT on August 6, 2018
- Mount the ISO or burn it to a blank CD and extract like you would a CD (I recommend Exact Audio Copy for this).
- by MoldyPond at 12:10 PM EDT on August 6, 2018
- I mounted the ISO and could view the contents but no program I had showed it as an audio CD so maybe I don't have the right ISO?
- by Sephirothkefka at 2:42 PM EDT on August 6, 2018
- What programs have you used to mount? I've used Alcohol 120% and it has worked extremely well.
- by MoldyPond at 12:01 PM EDT on August 7, 2018
- Thank you for suggesting Alcohol 120% :). I haven't used it for years because I switched to Elby Virtual Clone Drive, but it turns out that program won't let you mount .cue files. I'm guessing I should be the one to re-upload the soundtrack in WAV? (For CD Audio, which methods are used for consistency?)
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0029s;