- Rayman Raving Rabbids: TV Party (.PK) Wii version by miavalter at 11:23 AM EDT on August 4, 2018
- Hello, I'm new here and I don't know anything about game ripping stuff.
I need your help because it seems this Ubi Soft game stores its music in a very uncommon format (PK). There are also a bunch of SPK files in the same directory, but I don't think these contain any music at all.
I also found a "AudioInfo.bin" file. Maybe this one can be useful to understand the game format?
Anyway, here's one of the PK files here: Download PK
edited 11:25 AM EDT August 4, 2018
edited 5:41 PM EDT August 4, 2018
- by Nicknine at 12:54 PM EDT on August 4, 2018
- That sounds similar to the format used in Splinter Cell: Conviction. Try using DecUbiSnd on them.
edited 1:19 PM EDT August 4, 2018
- by Nicknine at 1:10 PM EDT on August 4, 2018
- Oh, apparently, vgmstream actually supports this format but not all the games that use this. Hold on, let me look more into this.
- by Nicknine at 1:36 PM EDT on August 4, 2018
- @bnnm - Could you add support for these? And also for Splinter Cell: Conviction (PC)?
Actually, I'll do Splinter Cell myself.
edited 3:07 PM EDT August 4, 2018
- by bnnm at 3:15 PM EDT on August 4, 2018
- Ubi PK+SPK (aka BAO) is terribly complex, so it's hard to say if it can be added.
First I need every single file in the sound dir (I mean it), because PK/LPKs (headers, or headers+sound) reference SPK/LSPKs (sounds) randomly, and it's very, very tough to figure out without all of them to cross-reference.
Then, depending on the platform+game it could be easy or tremendously hard.
For Rabbids I think it's easier, if I can see all the files.
For Splinter Cell I think it's using another IMA variation I'd need to research first. Then you have to figure out that version's offsets and flags, and pray it's normal enough.
See, PKs may use some retarded features, like PKs containing part the data and SPK the rest, divided randomly (very common for PS3/X360). Technically possible to add but needs some very time-consuming voodoo.
- by Nicknine at 3:36 PM EDT on August 4, 2018
- Splinter Cell uses Ubisoft IMA which is supported by vgmstream as well as Vorbis. I've got this mostly figured out, I just have a problem with SPK files. Details in PR. Don't worry about external references, I've checked the table at the end and included all the the files referenced by this PK.
edited 3:36 PM EDT August 4, 2018
- by Nicknine at 4:51 PM EDT on August 4, 2018
- Regarding divided sounds, maybe you could use a custom IO to read from both files like in EA parsers?
edited 4:54 PM EDT August 4, 2018
- by miavalter at 5:13 PM EDT on August 4, 2018
- Thanks everyone! Pretty amazing to see such quickly answers.
Here is the whole sound directory as requested with *.pk, *.spk, *.bao and *.bin: Download Directory
- by Nicknine at 10:21 AM EDT on August 6, 2018
- Added this, will be available in the next update.
- by miavalter at 2:28 PM EDT on August 13, 2018
- THANK YOU! Just downloaded foobar2000 and installed the vgmstream plugin: I can play everything!
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0059s;