- Donald Duck Quack Attack/Goin Quackers [Gamecube] SM3 by Anterag at 1:44 PM EDT on September 2, 2018
- Hi! I need a script for unpacking the streams inside that big SM3 archive which seems to contain all the sounds from the game.
Actually, there are three files in the "sound" directory: GAMESND.SP3, MAPS.SM3 & STRM.SM3
While STRM.SM3 contains all the data, I think MAPS.SM3 has the references for the files (I think, because the format seems a bit complex)
Streams may use the DSP codec.
- by Nicknine at 1:48 AM EDT on September 3, 2018
- Sounds like the format also used in Splinter Cell games. AFAIK, nobody figured it out yet.
- by bnnm at 10:49 AM EDT on September 3, 2018
- Ubi's map format is nothing mysterious, but it's crap, so don't think it's worth bothering.
If somebody want to implement it, here are some pointers:
- Every Single Game changes the format slighly
- usually includes Every Single Sound in the file, meaning thoushands of subsongs, and you can't really extract single files
- map is divided into sections (like, menu, level1, level2, etc), and each section is similar to Ubi SBx, but not the same.
- study Ubi SBx here
- study Ubi map info in the middle of this page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0027s;