- Change PSF Length? (Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories) by Despair at 3:35 PM EDT on September 4, 2018
- I grabbed the PSF rip of Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories from joshw, but a majority of the tracks have 22 seconds worth of length. I had been planning to convert these so I could play them on my default music player but with such a short length I wanted to increase the loop count. I just assumed they had really short loops and it was a simple case of "2 loops + fadeout." Unfortunately, it ignores the "Default Length" field in the PSF Decoder settings. However the real problem is the fade out actually happens over the loop, so I can't even copy/paste in Audacity. Bizarrely, using the "force all songs to play indefinitely" option reveals that the tracks are in reality much longer and vary, so it's not a case of really short loops. I'm not sure how they got assigned a default length of :22 when the tracks are actually significantly longer (1.5-2 minutes!), but my question is: How would I go about modifying the default length so it will play the full track? Hopefully then I can actually convert it with that length intact...
example file: https://mega.nz/#!ulpV0aJI!oVP_5GrcM_Dogh9hNN-YpgnFjzlt8BEckAhAnbksX7s
- by Nisto at 4:28 PM EDT on September 4, 2018
- There is no way to override the tagged length in a PSF; you either have to update the tags or remove them and change your PSF player's default settings between each conversion. You can update the PSF file with psfpoint (command line) or PSFLab (GUI). Note that the "length" field excludes the fade time, so if you wanted a PSF to play for exactly 2 minutes total, specify e.g. length=1:50 and fade=10.
- by Kirishima at 5:06 PM EDT on September 4, 2018
- Just put the psf's in vgmtoolbox's xsf tag editor and adjust the song lengths on there.
- by Despair at 11:21 PM EDT on September 5, 2018
- Thanks for the help, that worked great.
- by kode54 at 8:53 PM EDT on September 6, 2018
- At least with foo_psf and all my other xSF components, you can right click, navigate to Tagging, and Set/Edit Length. I made this explicit, because this settings dialog forces proper formatting of the tag values.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0067s;