- Extracting FFX's Sound Effects by Rufio at 9:17 AM EDT on October 2, 2018
- Hello everyone,
I'm looking for the sounds the pyreflies make in FFX as to attach them to the Particle Effects I'm making for a home made project in VR. I've spent days trying to download and search through the sound libraries others have put online one by one, but to no avail. Since I felt these libraries were lacking most of the time, missing basics like the background music or menu actions, I concluded that the best course of action is to extract them myself. Hopefully the result might come with decent file structures instead of huge folders containing thousands of non indicative numbers. After hours of research, I've read that the ff games are difficult to access to say the least. My efforts to extract the audio myself has been fruitless so far. Conventional methods do not seem to apply to this particular game. Having seen this forum's capacity to do just that, I'd like to ask for help. One of your users named Nisto has experience with this particular game. Whether he was successful I do not know. I've read all his posts and can't deduce any answers for this issue. If possible I would like his advice on how to approach this technical difficulty.
My apologies if this first post of mine has broken forum rules by asking such things, but I am at a loss here. I've dedicated many hours recreating The Cavern Of The Stolen Fayth with modern graphics for my own entertainment, but without the original sound effects from the game, it just doesn't feel right.
Hopefully you can set me on the right path, thank you for your time in advance.
- by Kirishima at 4:00 PM EDT on October 2, 2018
- That would be a bit of an issue if ffx's sfx behaved like the previous games sfx. IIRC, all the previous final fantasy games (and a couple other square games) had their sfx's synthesized on the sound chip with whatever sample it could use. That's why you generally don't see recording of games like Parasite Eve's sound effects floating around anywhere. Now, it's possible one of the non-ps2 remasters are using recordings of those sfx since synthesizing them would no longer be necessary, but I'm not too sure.
- by Rufio at 3:07 PM EDT on October 3, 2018
- This might explain why I can't find the individual sounds without libraries I have downloaded. It might be best to try and eliminate the music and record a scene where these elements are found, only to cut it later into smaller pieces and adapt them suitable to particles. Would you have any idea how I could contact the user Nisto in person about this? Sending PM's is not available on this forum to the best of my knowledge.
- by Kirishima at 12:53 AM EDT on October 4, 2018
- check here: https://hcs64.com/mboard/forum.php?showthread=57622
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0028s;