- SSF playback issue by Squaresoft74 at 1:16 AM EDT on October 24, 2018
It's been a while since i gave a look at SSF ripping and noticed an issue with current players (Foobar2k with SSF/DSF Decoder 2.0.50 to name one).
Some crackling noise occures with a few tracks from Samurai Spirit RPG.
I don't get such issue when playing them using Mednafen (1.21.3).
Here's a sample one:
Are all current player based on Highly Theoretical ?
Any existing one based on Mednafen's core available somewhere ?
- by Kirishima at 2:23 AM EDT on October 24, 2018
- "Are all current player based on Highly Theoretical?"
Possibly. But you could try aossf: https://foobar2000.xrea.jp/up/files/up1112.zip
I don't know of any other ssf players, maybe audio overload but that's well over outdated. Not many people in this day are interested in making another xsf emulator.
- by Squaresoft74 at 2:36 AM EDT on October 24, 2018
- Thanks Kirishima, aossf seems to play that sample track fine.
I'll check other tracks later since i've put this SSF rip on hold for now.
Been busy with Nisto's PSF script lately and it requires 3.x.
Is there any way to have both Python 2.x and 3.x installed and have 2.x / 3.x scripts running with the appropriate one ?
- by kode54 at 6:12 AM EDT on October 24, 2018
- You can change the executable script header to:
edited 6:12 AM EDT October 24, 2018
- by Kirishima at 9:49 PM EDT on October 24, 2018
While still on the subject of Highly Theoretical, is there anyway to fix an issue with the tempo of some AM2 driver/Naomi dsf rips. The tempo for some of these are too fast on startup (like Chun-Li's track in Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper) before correcting themselves to something closer to what they're supposed to be which is why I thought there was an issue with the timing on the playback a couple years ago. It could be an issue with the rips themselves, though...
edited 9:51 PM EDT October 24, 2018
- by Squaresoft74 at 2:33 AM EDT on October 25, 2018
- "You can change the executable script header...."
Got it working thank you !
- by kode54 at 9:39 PM EDT on October 25, 2018
- That's probably up to someone who Knows What They're Doing to look at.
- by Squaresoft74 at 11:33 PM EDT on October 25, 2018
- Not related but are there any tools that allow to play TON files ?
Something similar to what PSound does for PlayStation VAB files.
Also tonext.py seems to miss some files with Samurai Spirits RPG.
I have to dump some tracks via Kronos/Yabause to get the proper TON files and then retreive them via hex editing the raw files after tonext.py finaly catched them from the dump.
Just like its PS1 counterpart this game is a real pain to rip.
Everything is packed together and have countless of duplicates but here everything is also headerless and mixed up...
At least i could make a room load modifier code to make things a bit easier since it doesn't have any sound test mode as far as i know.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0039s;