- Regarding link versions... more by threeblacknoises at 4:56 AM EST on December 11, 2018
- I'm vary slowly going through your text dump and getting wrid of everything that's already done due to my cannibalism of my previous smash soundtracks.
Due to this, I'm afraid your request for single loop versions won't be met right away, as all my soundtracks loop twice with a 15 second or so fade.
The only exceptions to this are Yoshi's Island Melee and Pokémon Stadium Melee as they loop for a vary long time otherwise.
The street fighter songs only loop once per smash looping lenth, but that's two loops of each song normally.
Also, regarding sound test lengths; it's a Namco sound test, and songs in those don't always play all the way through; see escape from the city in smash 4 as an example.
I noticed that on your spreadsheet, it lists the link versions as unknown variants.
I can clear this up.
You see, like the smash 4 menu 1 and ultimate menu 1 songs, the link variants sport different headers that allow for the song to start at logical points; usually on a particular down beat of a song.
The Mario songs with this link suffix are used on the super Mario maker stage to make the transition between songs mostly seemless.
Aside from this difference, they are the exact same songs as the nonlinked variants.
Hope that can help out somewhat.
edited 5:01 AM EST December 11, 2018
- by VGSB at 5:38 PM EST on December 11, 2018
- Thank you for the details on the link versions.
The latest live spreadsheet has a mostly accurate song title listing (I just found a minor mistake in Star Fox main theme title formatting, so still some minor inconsistencies could still need to be caught). The song order should also be pretty stable now for everything in the sound test. We even have the song length for every song now, which could be used for reference when creating the alternate stream.
I checked Escape from the City in the Ultimate sound test, for this game has all of the stream featured except some of it is in the fadeout but it is done tastefully like an actual classic rock song might be done. But in that case, I imagine there is a non-fadeout OST version that could be used instead with an actual ending.
- by DaggerMouth at 6:48 AM EST on December 14, 2018
- Thanks for the hard work! I saw the full list of files and was immediately daunted by the task of manually renaming all of the tracks - this is really useful. I do have some questions though. Are the volumes based on in-game categories? What is "Miscellaneous"?
edited 6:49 AM EST December 14, 2018
- by VGSB at 2:37 PM EST on December 20, 2018
- The "Album" column matches exactly the in-game categories in the Music section for Album # 1-32. Anything beyond that isn't in Ultimate's Sound test, so they are just classifications I made to help categorize the remaining files.
Miscellaneous is for audio files that I don't have a particular category for at this time, most of the songs in that category are segments of other songs that do appear in Music.
- Regarding filters by threeblacknoises at 6:02 AM EST on December 23, 2018
- Hay VGSB, I just got a switch to play my coppy of Ultimate on, so I was messing around with the google sheet and found a setting in the view menu to supposedly filter out parts of the sheet.
However, when I exported it using the tsv option under file download as, I still got the entire sheet.
My question is, is their a way to export just the songs new to ultimate, or is that something your going to have to do on your end.
Hopefully it something I can do, because I've already asked for a lot and not been able to give back hardly any yet...
All these new columns you've added make the process even more daunting than it already was...
Well, today's sunday, so; from what I've read online, the ingame shop is supposedly having a sale so music should bee cheaper...
Later! And Marry Christmas!
- how to export filtered views by VGSB at 11:13 AM EST on January 17, 2019
- Hi threeblacknoises, to export a filtered Google Sheet as tab separated text, you'll need to first select a filter view, then select the entire spreadsheet, then select Edit > Copy, then paste into a text editor.
To select all cells in Google Sheets, you can either:
Option 1: Press Ctrl+A on the sheet.
Option 2: Click the space that is just above the row numbers and to the left of the column letters.
I'm sorry that the number of columns makes using it so tricky. I hope you had a good Christmas!
edited 11:14 AM EST January 17, 2019
- It's done! by threeblacknoises at 5:37 PM EST on January 21, 2019
- I had a vary good Christmas thankyou!
The soundtrack is done, at least for the base game.
Total runtime as of now is; get ready for it... 58 hours, 22 minutes, and a hand full of seconds.
I also included the full versions of some songs like dk rap.
I also have somewhat higher quality versons of lifelight and the piano solo at the end of adventure mode thanks to the audio from video files.
I also have the opening version of lifelight in both languages thanks to the same files.
Now, I just need someplace to put this, if anyone even wants it...
 (1 hour left)
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0027s;