- by Squaresoft74 at 6:24 PM EST on January 22, 2020
- Yes P.E.Op.S. DSound 1.9 is the only one atm that plays it almost correctly.
It remains an emulation issue, nothing wrong with the driver/rip itself as demonstrated when played on real hardware.
I've submitted the issue to Avocado and Mednafen's developers.
Avocado's dev is giving a look at it.
I didn't get any answer yet from Mednafen's author.
edited 7:56 PM EST January 22, 2020
- by almendaz at 11:36 PM EST on January 22, 2020
- Yes I see. So vgmstream would also need an update for this rip to be 'final' (playable-wise of course), because of that intro track. I'm using 1050-2410.
Cheers for the great work and this rip. tifaff & I are happy!
edited 11:43 PM EST January 22, 2020
- by Squaresoft74 at 3:48 AM EST on January 23, 2020
- Vgmstream is not a PSF plugin, i think you meant Kode54's PSF Decoder ?
Yes it would require an update if the issue can be figured out.
You could also give a try to viopsf_v0.14 using the Mednafen based plugin.
It's not perfect either but closer than the Highly Experimental based ones atm.
- by almendaz at 11:48 AM EST on January 23, 2020
- (quick reply) Yes my bad! I mistook! It's H.E. what plays PSF in winamp... Well, preferences I suppose. I'll try in fb2k next time.
- by Squaresoft74 at 7:11 AM EST on February 4, 2020
- Beside a remaining and unrelated stuttering issue, latest Avocado build will now play it properly.:)
- by Kcin at 1:25 PM EST on February 15, 2020
- This is impressive. I didn't think anyone would rip this game. Great work!
It seems the ending songs are missing, the ones that play during the credits. They might even have vocals in the Japanese version, I'm not able to check right now. Still a great rip.
What would be the best way to convert the files to WAV? Would that be PSF Decoder in foobar2000 or is there a better way?
- by Squaresoft74 at 8:29 AM EST on February 16, 2020
- Glad you appreciate it. :)
Missing tracks are the streamed ones, i'm only interested with ripping sequenced BGMs.
Still someone here might be willing to rip and add them to the current archive for completeness.
Kode54 has updated his PSF Decoder to version 2.2.5 which fixes the playback issue.
So just use that one, right click on the tracks you'd like to convert:
Convert -> Quick convert -> WAV -> Convert -> Select ouput path -> Save
- by tifaff at 4:21 AM EST on February 23, 2020
- someone can updload this to the library?
or in this thread?
- by Squaresoft74 at 2:45 PM EST on February 24, 2020
- It's been posted on page 3 of this thread.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0031s;