- SGT Format - Could This be added to VGMSTREAM? Some kind of MIDI by zeaofsuos at 5:08 PM EST on January 25, 2019
- So Some older games use SGT format as their audio for example midnight club 2, prisoner of war. Is it possible to add support for this to vgmstream? I will include some samples to take a look at.
Day1_sgt - https://anonfile.com/s8ZeE7reb4/Day1_sgt
GUI_sgt - https://anonfile.com/v4Z8E6r4b4/GUI_sgt
fe_hard_01_sgt - https://anonfile.com/NbZfEerfb4/fe_hard_01_sgt
fe_hard_02_sgt - https://anonfile.com/PeZ8E3rebd/fe_hard_02_sgt
VIRUS SCAN RESULTS: 1st File: https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/6acdfc5fe8a977917e788c33a16f8e31d2764419ba074243cc088597a5494f71/detection
2nd file: https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/d828be440793bd6443077c6a522af3de4f17a43a38ad7530395ca40088d5509b/detection
3rd file: https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/42fac7f77be315973b3f82c73e6436ad9644225d52befc0e7a3489b07d298a63/detection
4th file: https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/9a639f91e0f11351f2b224d9173b521239a5b13a1684293f0dddeef1887a4e89/detection
5th file: https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/e38beefcf0ac9922a0794567062e2f30400a8bb9b7c9b92f24ee0242cb6eecd0/detection
6th file: https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/d6c3eb34bd7b1fdc90f50a86bfd3b68f6f62af5a5dba1b757fd48fe00f4a5957/detection
7th file: https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/10653728080da4f41221c8c463da7aa561047d39c0f4bdc4ecafdaf89ee9fd30/detection
EDIT: These are the DLS Files soundfonts, the instruments for the midi files of the game.
fe_hard_dls - https://anonfile.com/rff3F4r5bf/fe_hard_dls
club_dls - https://anonfile.com/vefeFar6b0/club_dls
Mission2_dls - https://anonfile.com/5df6F0r7b5/Mission2_dls
Stalag1Path_aud - https://anonfile.com/6ff5F8r7b2/Stalag1Path_aud
Mission2_dls - https://anonfile.com/Edf6Fbr7b4/Mission2_dls
Mission3_dls - https://anonfile.com/H0f6Fcr7b5/Mission3_dls
Mission5_dls - https://anonfile.com/P7f0F6r9b2/Mission5_dls
Stalag1_spt - https://anonfile.com/a6g0F4rbbb/Stalag1_spt
All these new files scanned into one for ease: https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/45873e1c06bfc392ad5ef8ade74c318e5b792d3047234a63b1fdd091e8b22573/detection
edited 5:32 PM EST January 25, 2019
edited 5:33 PM EST January 25, 2019
edited 5:34 PM EST January 25, 2019
- by Ultrafighter at 2:12 PM EST on January 26, 2019
- VGMstream is all about streamed audio formats, not sequenced ones so it's highly dubious that SGTs or STYs, MIDs or 2SFs will ever be added to that plugin.
As for the means to play or convert SGTs or STYs: you can try googling "SGT to MID" or something, I heard there's such a tool or even numerous programs designed to make MIDs out of given SGTs or STYs.
- SGT Format by zeaofsuos at 6:45 PM EST on January 26, 2019
- I will take a look and see if I can find anything. Cheers.
- by Ultrafighter at 5:58 AM EST on January 27, 2019
- Ask here if you've got an account, it's #general channel in CHAT section where I stumbled upon that message (I don't remember what users discussed that though).
- by zeaofsuos at 12:21 PM EST on January 28, 2019
- UltraFighter It seems I was late and that invite has expired. Can you resend it? Thanks.
- General Chat by zeaofsuos at 12:48 PM EST on January 28, 2019
- It's fine, I got inside the group but I can't find the messages that were discussed.
- by Ultrafighter at 4:28 AM EST on February 1, 2019
- Try this then, maybe it'll work but it's not a very convenient prog after all: it seems to loop some files forever so that you'll have to launch playback of some tracks manually.
- by zeaofsuos at 8:23 PM EST on February 3, 2019
- It works nicely the only problem is still that they can't be extracted or converted to another format like say FLAC but that's probably something to do with SGT being a sequenced format and not streamed. Where did you find that SgtPlay.exe? Seems to be partly in Russian from what I can gather. Cheers.
- by Ultrafighter at 2:15 AM EST on February 4, 2019
- It was included in some gamerips by Alpha23, some of those are even mirrored here: example #1 or example #2.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0026s;