- Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga Complete High Quality Soundtrack by Infomaniac95 at 8:58 PM EST on January 27, 2019
- Hello all!
Today, I present to you the entire Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga soundtrack in the best quality it will ever be heard in.
I made this rip, thanks to a modified version of the tool known as GBA Music Studio. The modifications to work with Superstar Saga were done by a generous user known as Xayr, so major shout-out's to his hard work to make this possible.
I should note, some songs have issues, and said issues have been noted within a notes file in the archive. If there are anymore issues found, do let me know.
With that out of they way, here is the download: The Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga Soundtrack in High Quality
- by Vector Harbor at 9:05 PM EST on January 27, 2019
- I would like to hear the work but it needs a permission...
- by Infomaniac95 at 9:06 PM EST on January 27, 2019
- Sharing permissions should be fixed.
- by SmartOne at 9:24 PM EST on January 28, 2019
- Awesome, thanks. But I do think it's possible to make it sound even better. For example, have you heard the MIDI + SoundFont rip of Mother 3?
So it's possible to rip the raw samples and sequence data separately. But that would require you to reverse engineer the game's audio driver.
- by Infomaniac95 at 1:26 PM EST on January 29, 2019
- In theory, yes.
I have a soundfont and midi rip that I can upload at some point, but the soundfont does not seem to include the PSG instruments, so i'm not sure what one would do there.
Also, the midi files will need to be looped, and im sure that would prove very hard, but idk.
- by icecream at 6:42 PM EST on January 29, 2019
- Surely this can be done with other GBA soundtracks? (Note: I don't mean the HQ revamp for the Pokemon games that Kurausukun et al are doing, but hey it might be the only way)
- by Infomaniac95 at 7:31 PM EST on January 29, 2019
- Using GBA Music Studio on other games, yes, it is possible to do something like what I did here.
Only issue is that if your game isn't in the list file that GBA Music Studio had, you will have to add it manually.
From there, you would have to record every track the game has, one by one, which may not sound too bad, but you have to record it through stereo mix or something similar, and you have to let each song play out. Not a hard process, but one that will no doubt consume much of your day.
- by icecream at 8:04 PM EST on January 29, 2019
- Right, the process isn't consistent by game (like some games sound great in GSF format and others become absolute trash in that format). Thanks anyway.
- by Infomaniac95 at 8:40 AM EST on January 30, 2019
- Well, here is the MIDI rip. Perhaps someone can do something with these, and maybe even add in the PSG channels that the program missed for some reason: Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga MIDI Rip (with sharing permissions hopefully resolved)
And since it may prove useful for someone, here is the modified version of GBA Music Studio that was put together by Xayr. This tool allowed me to rip the midi files, and soundfont from the game, and record those flac files I posted. Modified GBA Music Studio from Xayr
Do note, an American rom is needed for this tool to work right. A European rom yields no sound, for some reason.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0025s;