- Hoyle PC Games Music Extraction by MoldyPond at 1:46 AM EST on February 3, 2019
- I was wondering if I could get some help trying to extract music files from Hoyle Classic Games and Hoyle Solitaire for PC. I believe the music sits within the RESOURCE.AUD and/or RESOURCE.SFX files but I have no idea how to extract these. I've tried changing their extensions and loading them in winrar but no luck. The files are listed below if anyone wants to take a look at them. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Hoyle PC Game Music Files
- by Xayrga at 12:56 PM EST on February 3, 2019
- I'll look at it, no promises that it will be figured out.
It's interesting though, if you rename the .aud to a .wav file, you get something hidden by the developers, which is "No no no no no, leave THOSE cards alone"
- by Xayrga at 1:26 PM EST on February 3, 2019
- Well, it doesn't look like the files have any schema information in them, so i imagine that they're just packed together and their offsets are thrown in the executable.
That being said, you can extract them by just searching for the wave RIFF headers inside.
So, that being said, i've done this for you.
Inside the 7z file is source code for a wave ripper.
The precompiled version is located in bin/debug
Just drop one of the .aud or .sfx files atop of hoylo.exe to extract the contained waves into an "out" folder.
- by MoldyPond at 10:20 PM EST on February 3, 2019
- Man I can't thank you enough for doing this for me :)
I've had these games for nearly 20 years and there's some stuff in there I've never even heard before.
Now the trick is getting the proper names for the songs since it has trouble installing/running on anything higher than windows 98.
- by MoldyPond at 10:33 PM EST on February 3, 2019
- Holy crap I knew the announcer's voice always sounded familiar, and it turns out it's Pat Cashman, the announcer for Bill Nye and Smash Bros. Brawl of all things :D
This explains so many things with his voice clips in Classic Games.
- by simonmkwii at 11:32 PM EST on February 3, 2019
- Whoa, neat
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0029s;