- Grandoll PSF by Harold at 3:33 PM EST on February 12, 2019
Honestly I found no place on other forums for asking this and I'm seeing other game rips being on topic here.
I've noticed there is quite a lot of PS1 soundtrack rips that have no loops and considering the sites it is a well known fact for everyone. Every game I still have for PS1 however was lucky pick as every one of them had loops when I downloaded the soundtrack, except for Chou Kousuku Grandoll. Is it possible to edit the tracks for looping? Or is this require the re-ripping of the soundtrack?
- Grandoll PSF by Harold at 10:15 PM EST on February 12, 2019
- I've successfully ripped the game's soundtrack with VGMToolBox and now I understand why it wasn't looped. No matter what I do at this point I can't time the PSFs correctily and either never loop or loop from the beginning instead of the given point. Could someone help me out with this? :)
The seq files contains the loop data and the VGMToolBox can extract it as a batch file, with PSFpoint I can insert it but instead of looping the track just repeat itself from the start.
edited 10:23 PM EST February 12, 2019
- Grandoll PSF by Harold at 10:41 AM EST on February 13, 2019
- Well, no matter what I do I can't get the loop work. Maybe someone can do it. Here is everything:
This .zip includes both the source .seq, .vb and .vh files as well the created .psf files. Everything is here in the case I messed up something. The filenames contains info about which .seq files go with what .vb and .vh.
- by Squaresoft74 at 4:15 PM EST on February 14, 2019
Here's a rip with working loop based on the files you provided:
I've re-used the driver from the Yu-Gi-Oh - Forbidden Memories rip so reverb type/depth might not be correct.
Tested on real hardware and Highly Experimental but for some reason crashes with viopsf.
Feel free to time/tag it.
- Grandoll PSF by Harold at 5:11 PM EST on February 14, 2019
- Thank you. As much as I can tell the PSFs match the in-game soundtest's BGMs. Also all of them are perfectly timed already. It works perfectly with Foobar2000 and AOPSF.
I've tried a lot of things but seems like I should understand the working of the musics' at data level to make it work with the game's soundfile only.
Honestly I just wanted to use these musics while I'm playing on a separate game that have no soundtrack on its own. Since there is no looped/timed version of Chou Kousuku Grandoll OST on the net, you can send it to an emulator themed site for public sharing. I doubt there are many fans of Grandoll besides me but it is still part of the PS1 history.
Thank you once again, you did an awesome work on this. :)
edited 5:14 PM EST February 14, 2019
- by Squaresoft74 at 2:40 PM EST on February 15, 2019
- Quick update:
It's just a very minor patch to the driver so the reverb depth will match the one used by the game.
Not really noticeable i guess but still wanted something proper even if using a generic driver. :)
- by Harold at 7:25 PM EST on February 15, 2019
- Whenever I'm doing something the small details always start bothering me at the moment I notice them. I don't care if I'm using the thing like that for a year, I want to fix it myself lol. Thank you. :)
- by Squaresoft74 at 9:57 PM EST on February 18, 2019
- Viopsf has been updated to 0.14
So Yu-Gi-Oh - Forbidden Memories
And this Grandoll rip, which the driver is recycled from, will now play fine and won't crash foobar anymore.
Thank you viopsf author. :)
- by Harold at 8:17 AM EST on February 19, 2019
- Thank you for the notice. I'm using AOPSF plugin with Foobar and it never crashed, both Grandoll and Forbidden Memories works fine with that one. :)
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0025s;