- COMPLETE Soundfont/MIDI Pack for Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga! by Excalibur624 at 8:40 PM EST on March 9, 2019
- Hello all.
I'd like to present a complete (and fixed) Soundfont/DLS & MIDI pack for Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.
All instruments were extracted using a hacked variant of GBA Music Studio.
Props to Infomaniac95 for motivating me to finally finish this.
There's already a thread about a high quality ML:SS soundtrack, but I wanted to post a seperate thread since this is pretty much the completed product.
IMPORTANT NOTE!: The MIDIS and SOUNDFONT included in the Dropbox link are NOT the same ones that Infomaniac gave.
The PSG patch number and sound channels were modified, so that they now work in General MIDI 1 players (such as VirtualMidiSynth).
So the soundfont from Infomaniac's pack won't fully work with the midis from my pack, and vice versa.
- by SmartOne at 2:22 PM EDT on March 10, 2019
- Awesome, thank you!
Any chance of giving Donkey Kong Country 3 a try?
- by JFD62780 at 12:04 AM EDT on March 11, 2019
- Well, HATE to say this, but there's one 'small' problem:
Where are the loops?
Otherwise, it's a nigh-perfect release!
- by Excalibur624 at 3:06 PM EDT on March 11, 2019
- The loops for the instruments should be embedded in the soundfont itself
EDIT: Oh I think you mean the loop points in the MIDIs. The MIDIs ripped from the game seemed to have not included them, but I can add if you like.
edited 3:09 PM EDT March 11, 2019
- by JFD62780 at 11:04 PM EDT on March 11, 2019
- Yes, please!
And I think I also found that certain songs (such as enemy and miniboss battle themes) are absent...
- by Excalibur624 at 6:11 PM EDT on March 12, 2019
- Yeah I realized that. I thought everything imported in, probably some error I had no clue about. Here it should be fixed: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v007g1byu9jxa0r/AAC54TN2CdLVHYdaiy_PTpcEa?dl=0
Also the Credits theme doesn't rip right for whatever reason. I'll do something about that and the loops.
edited 6:14 PM EDT March 12, 2019
- by mariofan12ify at 4:20 AM EDT on March 13, 2019
- I'm glad the second version has the square sounds in the soundfont. The first version didn't seem to have them. Nice work!
- by Basillica at 8:43 PM EDT on March 13, 2019
- It seems that there's an issue with one of the instruments (as can be heard in Menu Screen (Unused Version), Oho Oasis, and Stardust Fields) where it's replaced with a weird squeak.
edited 8:43 PM EDT March 13, 2019
- by Excalibur624 at 7:16 AM EDT on March 14, 2019
- Strange, those ones seem to work fine for me. I'll take a look at that tho. Maybe it's your Midi Player?
- by Excalibur624 at 5:43 PM EDT on March 18, 2019
- UPDATE: Fixed "Stardust Fields" MIDI missing Tuba notes.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software