Previous Page

by Excalibur624 at 5:05 PM EDT on August 19, 2020
Yeah, classes just started for the semester where I am, but luckily I still have some spare time
by Zettokage1337 at 2:19 PM EDT on September 8, 2020
How is progress going so far? any major updates?
by Excalibur624 at 10:03 PM EDT on September 16, 2020
Gotten around 70% of the tracks done. Pretty alright progress. I'll start up again sometime this week
by Excalibur624 at 10:35 PM EDT on September 18, 2020
News for next update to the soundfont/MIDI pack:

Going to be adding more PSG squares/pulses besides the 50% one. They're also going to be sampled better for accuracy reasons.

So far I've found MLSS uses 50%, 25%, and 12.5% pulses.

I'll also be reassigning banks for some songs to use the correct type of PSG (Star 'Stache Smash to use a 25% instead of 50%, for example)

Those will be added next update and are a larger priority of mine.
Song's tempo by LoganH0wlett at 5:50 PM EDT on September 30, 2020
Just a quick thing I noticed about 2 of the tracks that were extracted.

Bowser's Castle

The beginning of it, the first 14 notes to be precise, are supposed to have a slower tempo than the rest of the song. The extracted midi have these notes in the intro lasting about 5 seconds when in-game its 9 seconds, so a tempo change should be added.

Credit rolls

Besides the tempo being slower than in-game, something that I saw when messing with it(not this version, one from another thread about a MLSS soundfont being made) is that part of the whistle's notes' delay is because of a few long and out of range notes(too high for the midi player I use to play them, making them have no sound), making it another thing to check into.
[edit] (4 minutes left)

Previous Page
Go to Page 0 1 2 3

Search this thread

Show all threads

Reply to this thread:

User Name Tags:

bold: [b]bold[/b]
italics: [i]italics[/i]
emphasis: [em]emphasis[/em]
underline: [u]underline[/u]
small: [small]small[/small]