Previous Page | Next Page
- by Excalibur624 at 5:05 PM EDT on August 19, 2020
- Yeah, classes just started for the semester where I am, but luckily I still have some spare time
- by Zettokage1337 at 2:19 PM EDT on September 8, 2020
- How is progress going so far? any major updates?
- by Excalibur624 at 10:03 PM EDT on September 16, 2020
- Gotten around 70% of the tracks done. Pretty alright progress. I'll start up again sometime this week
- by Excalibur624 at 10:35 PM EDT on September 18, 2020
- News for next update to the soundfont/MIDI pack:
Going to be adding more PSG squares/pulses besides the 50% one. They're also going to be sampled better for accuracy reasons.
So far I've found MLSS uses 50%, 25%, and 12.5% pulses.
I'll also be reassigning banks for some songs to use the correct type of PSG (Star 'Stache Smash to use a 25% instead of 50%, for example)
Those will be added next update and are a larger priority of mine.
- Song's tempo by LoganH0wlett at 5:50 PM EDT on September 30, 2020
- Just a quick thing I noticed about 2 of the tracks that were extracted.
The beginning of it, the first 14 notes to be precise, are supposed to have a slower tempo than the rest of the song. The extracted midi have these notes in the intro lasting about 5 seconds when in-game its 9 seconds, so a tempo change should be added.
Besides the tempo being slower than in-game, something that I saw when messing with it(not this version, one from another thread about a MLSS soundfont being made) is that part of the whistle's notes' delay is because of a few long and out of range notes(too high for the midi player I use to play them, making them have no sound), making it another thing to check into.
- by Excalibur624 at 11:33 AM EDT on October 26, 2020
- The Bowser Castle tempo changes work for me, perhaps its your player?
Yeah reading your issues about Credits Roll, it seems both of these issues are due to your MIDI player.
I'd highly recommend VirtualMIDISynth + Vmidi / Falcosoft MIDI 5.7
- by LoganH0wlett at 3:44 PM EDT on October 27, 2020
- Weird... I do use the Falcosoft one and I have midis with tempo change that works fine.
Tho the issue with the credits theme was the same I had with Gwarhar Lagoon theme on that other thead I mentioned, but in this version you made, only those 2 were still troublesome...
- progress? by Zettokage1337 at 5:31 PM EST on December 14, 2020
- how is progress currently on this big thing? its been a long road so far
- by JacintaB19 at 12:45 PM EDT on March 15, 2021
- Time sure flies fast... Cebola's Rhythm Tengoku Python script can export the sounds as raw 8-bit PCM, and he used FFMPEG and bash to batch convert them into .wavs.
If you're also wanting to make a soundfont and MIDI Pack for Rhythm Tengoku, you're going to need Cebola's script, VGMTrans and the game ROM, and also have Python and FFMPEG installed, then you'd progress on it as you would do for Superstar Saga.
- by Zettokage1337 at 7:34 AM EST on December 4, 2021
- so has the project been abandoned?
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software