- Kingdom Hearts Union Cross Soundtrack by 13th Vessel at 10:38 PM EDT on April 4, 2019
- Hi! I don't know if anyone here is interested in files from a mobile game but Kingdom Hearts Union Cross does have +100 songs from the series and some of them new and never released. I'm very interested in this title but I can't find anyone who can help me to decrypt its files.
I'd like to know if any of you here may be interested in giving a look to it.
Someone did created a tool to decrypt its format but when Square updated the game to its 2.0 version it got outdated and now the tool doesn't work:
If any of you would like to take a look to them please tell me and I'll upload al the game files to MEGA.
Thanks in advance!
edited 10:40 PM EDT April 4, 2019
- by icecream at 1:03 AM EDT on April 5, 2019
- Apparently KHX can't have its music dumped (the normal way at least) because its not actually stored in the application, but streamed on demand. This topic was actually brought to attention on this site some time ago:
edited 1:04 AM EDT April 5, 2019
- by 13th Vessel at 9:24 AM EDT on April 5, 2019
- Well, actually that isn't true.
When you install the game it weighs around 60MB, and then once you've completed the tutorial the game start downloading +2.5GB of assets, including all songs.
How do I know? Well, I'm going to explain:
The game features a 2GB file named "misc.mp4", that file contains the base data with the first complete version (Unchained x), and that file can be decrypted, I have +50 songs decrypted and fully working (they're .AKB OGG)
The issue is that when the new update apeared (Union Cross), they added a new file which stores all updates (now it weighs around 800MB), and inside that file you can find new and unreleased music, but the issue is that it uses a different encryption and no one ever tried to break it.
I say it again, if someone knows about IDA and reverse engenieering and want to try, just let me know and I'll provide all the files.
Thanks in advance!
edited 9:26 AM EDT April 5, 2019
edited 10:23 AM EDT April 5, 2019
- by icecream at 10:40 AM EDT on April 5, 2019
- I see. Nice to know. I have been interested in this myself some time ago, but my attempts to get the music (nothing special, not trying to break encryption or anything like that lol) failed, and I lost motivation after seeing that thread.
Hopefully someone steps up to the plate :D
- by 13th Vessel at 11:19 AM EDT on April 5, 2019
- Don't worry, it's understandable. I hope someone with reverse engenieering knowledge agrees to help, it would be really awesome. I would like to check if there's unused music as well as being able to get some HD unreleased renders.
I have a friend who told me that he decrypted the new format (the one that made the tool for the old one), but he doesn't want to make the tool and send me a lot of files for IDA and stuff. I don't know if this would be useful, but I could upload it as well as the game files.
- by bnnm at 11:59 AM EDT on April 17, 2019
- If you post those IDA files I'll take a look (I already have the .mp4 data).
- by 13th Vessel at 7:43 PM EDT on April 22, 2019
- Here they are: https://mega.nz/#!XZsVhKDL!32cOsprsqdnMvlnaCfoPQSZeUCK94Mj-xx-pC-11M1Y
If you're in the HCS Discord server and want to talk feel free to send me a DM.
- by bnnm at 6:22 PM EDT on April 25, 2019
- Hmmm, the IDA files only seem to have the plain database, no tags and stuff? Well, saves me having to analyze libs.
I see what the main "BGAD" parse function (it does old decryption and seems to have other cases too) but it'll take me some time to understand the new stuff. Could you ask your friend for info or tips about the new decryption he could share?
I'm on HCS discord too but irregularly, so it's easier for me to check the forum, but if it's cumbersome I could contact you directly.
- by icecream at 10:13 PM EDT on May 6, 2019
- I think the latest update added some new music?
- by Y.W. Ahn at 6:21 AM EDT on May 7, 2019
- At least 3 new music, I think.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0043s;