Previous Page | Next Page
- by MurraySkull at 2:45 AM EDT on May 9, 2019
- Game Central Station, Niceland: FIELD and Niceland: BATTLE
- by bnnm at 4:38 PM EDT on May 9, 2019
- On a quick, preliminar analysis the new encryption may be salsa20, the IV being the last? 0x08 bytes (also xored?), not sure yet about the key.
I'll try to poke at this when I can but I don't have much free time ATM.
- by bnnm at 2:04 PM EST on February 19, 2020
- I've finally tackled this and updated the KHUX extractor to handle latest files:
It also converts images to actual PNG for fun. Main DL'd file is massive now so I added filters and stuff, otherwise it takes a lot of time to extract (use -l first to list files).
Some filenames repeat as "name(id)" but this is normal, since the game adds files instead of replacing them, sometimes making full dupes. Also some filenames won't extract correctly, can't do much but those are possibly unused, you should be able to guess the original name in the file list, and if you extract the .png files they contain an index with filenames, real filename could be there (but not always).
It can't decrypt "s000.gif" and "mXXX.png" that the game downloads (missing key), but I doubt they are images or music (compressed, logic/txt?) so I won't bother.
Also uploaded the music.
- by bnnm at 2:14 PM EST on February 20, 2020
- Fixed a last minute bug:
- by ShardofTruth at 12:49 PM EST on February 21, 2020
- Thank you so much for updating the updating the extractor bnnm, this is a dream come true.
I'm still not finished with the whole archive but I've noticed, that the converted png images use a different transparency conversion than the one that seen on images shared by Square Enix' twitter account and which is produced by thetiny's tool:
It's most noticeable for everything glowing, for example the shine around the medals:
Is it possible to fix this?
- by Eliskuya at 1:52 PM EST on February 22, 2020
- aww man, I missed out to download the music :(
- by bnnm at 2:03 PM EST on February 22, 2020
- @ShardofTruth - fixed:
A bit of explanation. This extractor converts to .png by reusing the original game's decode function to create a raw image, and this image stores "pre-applied" transparency (which .bmp supports). Turns out .png doesn't support that, so when converting to .png now it de-applies transparency. However this means the output isn't 100% 1:1 lossless, but shouldn't be noticeable (+-1 transparency here and there).
You can get the original non-converted .png by using the -d option. Then you could use the original PNG2BMP, but I think the game updated the decode function (there is a bunch of seemingly unused sub-modes) so you may not get a clean image now.
- by ShardofTruth at 4:27 PM EST on February 23, 2020
- Thanks again, now it's working flawlessly. I had to switch to the Global version though, apparently the Japanese version uses a different encryption key for the misc.mp4.1 file.
- by bnnm at 5:36 PM EST on February 25, 2020
- @ShardofTruth - I tried the JP version and it seemed to work fine. Note that .mp4.1 file is just part of .mp4 and can't be extracted separatedly (you select misc.mp4, then you can use filters like -w 350000 to start from file N that could be inside misc.mp4.1).
Incidentally that version has 3 more BGM, I'll have to update the rip.
- by ShardofTruth at 8:27 AM EST on February 26, 2020
- Strange, I already tried both methods, even joined the two files to see if there is a change.
I always get an error when I try to extract a file from the misc.mp4.1
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.003s;