- Creating/repacking multichannel FSBs? (DJ Hero custom music) by shockdude at 3:03 AM EDT on April 13, 2019
- I'm looking to add custom music to DJ Hero Wii so I can create custom charts for the game, but to do so I need to create FSB files that the game can recognize.
DJ Hero Wii uses FSB4 files containing 6-channel 160kbps 32khz MP3. Does anyone have experience with creating multichannel FSB files like these?
My current plan is to look at the vgmstream code in order to figure out how DJH FSBs are constructed; is there a better way to do this?
- by bnnm at 4:41 AM EDT on April 13, 2019
- If you look hard enough you can find the older official FSB4 tool, "FMOD Ex Sample Bank" or fsbankex, that creates proper .fsb.
If the .fsb files must encrypted you can probably encrypt using guessfsb or aluigi's tool decryption (as it goes both ways).
Creating mapping charts is probably much harder but maybe some people already have tools.
- by shockdude at 9:33 PM EDT on April 14, 2019
- Thanks for the advice.
By reading vgmstream & fsbext's source code, I figured out how DJ Hero's FSB format works - it's just a 128B header in front of standard MP3 frames, where every third frame is for 1 of the 3 stereo stems.
I wrote a script that copies the header from an existing DJ Hero FSB (replacing values like num_samples and stream_size) and interleaves the frames of the desired MP3s. It's a bit hacky, but the FSBs play correctly in-game, so hey.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0028s;