- Archive.org Collection? by Basillica at 9:47 PM EDT on June 1, 2019
- Has anyone considered uploading all the rips to an organized Archive.org collection? There are a lot of rips here that can't be found anywhere else, and I think there should be a backup in case anything happens.
- by Puterboy1 at 12:20 AM EDT on June 2, 2019
- I second the notion.
- by hcs at 10:51 AM EDT on June 2, 2019
- The joshw sites do have rsync...
- by snakemeat at 7:28 PM EDT on October 20, 2019
- I've noticed that archive.org leans towards the ability to stream media (or play, when games are involved). Anyone know of any web players for emulated music formats? It could help encourage te creation of a collection.
- by hcs at 8:03 PM EDT on October 20, 2019
- There may be some web-native players floating around, but the best strategy is probably to compile Game Music Emu and vgmstream to asm.js/wasm.
The Internet Archive uses "The Emularity", getting it in there might be the trick, though integrating that with the media player might be tricky.
- by snakemeat at 8:17 PM EDT on October 20, 2019
- Thanks, hcs.
- by bnnm at 1:16 PM EDT on October 21, 2019
- Some time ago I was toying with emscripten and got vgmstream compiled to asm.js/wasm, just basic test.exe tho.
Getting it streaming files from HDD or URLs seemed a bit involved (but definitely doable), plus maybe it would be better integrated with some web player, and I didn't think there was much interest, so I left the idea in the sidelines. It would be a fun, little cool thing to have around though.
- by hcs at 7:35 PM EDT on October 21, 2019
- According to this blog, IA is using jwplayer for media, though I haven't found a repo with their customizations for it. I think they're currently serving 8.8.2 according to the license text, which is all I can read in the minified code. JW Player has a non-commercial only license (Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States).
I think it wouldn't be too bad to just load the file completely and blast the results out via webaudio. I've written this a few times in little one-off hacks, latest is Gerudo Valley via dual DSP (ripped from Melee). The buffers are probably too short.
- by tifaff at 1:34 AM EDT on October 24, 2019
- guys someone can update this to the library
Dragon Ball Z - Shin Butouden (1995-11-17) FLAC
- by bxaimc at 8:44 AM EDT on October 24, 2019
- Wrong thread.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0053s;