- Extracting audio from Astal (Sega Saturn) by mkdude at 11:37 PM EDT on August 12, 2019
- I've been trying to play back the audio files from Astal for the Sega Saturn. As someone who has enjoyed the soundtrack for this game, I wanted to try my hand on getting the audio files to play correctly. The audio files are in .P16 format. When attempting to figure out the PCM format in Audacity, I had some problems with warbled audio and clicks. Attempting to use GENH headers didn't get me very far either.
When researching the files, it was found that these are 22khz stereo 16-bit Motorola PCM, but I can't seem to figure out how to fix the audio issues for proper playback. I have attached samples of the audio files if someone wants to assist me on figuring out how these files work.
- by bnnm at 4:08 AM EDT on August 16, 2019
- Get the very latest vgmstream, then unzip this file in your music folder to get .p16 playing: https://www.sendspace.com/file/jky8sg
If you must create .genh (I suggest the above though), the codec is "PCM RAW (Big Endian)", Motorola CPUs are Big Endian instead of Little Endian
- by mkdude at 5:44 PM EDT on August 16, 2019
- That suggestion worked. Thanks a lot for helping to figure out what type of PCM format these p16 files actually are. Really appreciate it!
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.01s;