- foobar_midi Always Crashing by MoldyPond at 5:06 PM EDT on August 15, 2019
- This wasn't the case up until about a year ago but at some point the foo_midi extension causes foobar to crash. It will always wait about 20 seconds before crashing, literally every single time. Uninstalling the plugin fixes everything. I've also been updating foobar at all times and just recently upgraded to a fresh new copy of windows 10 from 8.1 and it's still happening. Just wondering if anyone else knows about this or if it's just broken now. Thank you very much :)
- by kode54 at 7:42 PM EDT on August 15, 2019
- Can't reproduce?
- by MoldyPond at 7:57 PM EDT on August 15, 2019
- What do you mean exactly? I keep coming back to try again every few months after updating foobar and the midi plugin but it's still the exact same crash every time; for 20 seconds everything works perfectly fine, then just immediately crashes.
- by punk7890-2 at 12:57 AM EDT on August 16, 2019
- I don't have this problem either.
- by hcs at 1:24 AM EDT on August 16, 2019
- Is it crashing when playing MIDI? Or just when playing anything? Or just when fb2k is running at all? If it's crashing when playing a particular .mid, link to that so it can be tested.
- by MoldyPond at 12:04 PM EDT on August 16, 2019
Nope, it just crashes after being open for 20 seconds, regardless of whether I'm playing any type of audio file or just sitting there doing absolutely nothing. In that short 20 seconds it grants me, everything works perfectly fine, even the midi plugin.
[Edit] Here are the crash notes as well
edited 2:47 PM EDT August 16, 2019
- by dj4uk6cjm at 2:55 PM EDT on August 16, 2019
- Working fine for me as well, I've used foobar midi a lot since first released and never ran into an issue. Could other plugins you have be interfering with it or something?
- by MoldyPond at 6:20 PM EDT on August 16, 2019
That's what I've been thinking but have no idea which one could be doing it. Here's a list of all the plugins I have and their invoked order.
- by kode54 at 9:08 PM EDT on August 16, 2019
- The crash minidump (.dmp) would be a lot more useful.
- by MoldyPond at 11:24 PM EDT on August 16, 2019
- Ah, had no idea.
Here you go :)
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.003s;