- SMM2 SFX extractor by ECO ZEPHYR at 1:19 PM EDT on August 25, 2019
- Looking to find a specific sound effect from Mario Maker 2, namely "Peaceful". It sounds like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5VK6zDheRs
Has anyone managed to extract this SFX or others? I've been searching for hours looking under \romfs\Sound\Resource\ and haven't found a single SFX from this list: https://www.mariowiki.com/List_of_sound_effects_in_Super_Mario_Maker_2
Where are these SFX located on the filesystem?
- by MoldyPond at 4:13 PM EDT on August 25, 2019
- IIRC from dumping MM1, there's a special folder either within the sound folder or elsewhere labelled "SoundEditor, they should all be in there if MM2 uses the same structuring.
- by ECO ZEPHYR at 7:40 PM EDT on August 25, 2019
- Aha! I think I found where they are now.
With Switch Toolbox, open up \romfs\Pack\StaticHighFreqSound.pack
In it, you'll find a bunch of EditOtoasobiXX files (where XX starts at 00 and goes up to 54, I think)
Only figured this out because Otoasobi means "soundplay" in Japanese! Thanks Google.
Oh and BTW, the sound effect for "Peaceful" is Otoasobi_Calm_Hit_01, found inside EditOtoasobi49.bars. I'm not sure where the music that follows after it is stored :/
edited 7:54 PM EDT August 25, 2019
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.003s;