- Twilight Princess SFX and Music Rip? by Uikri at 5:50 AM EDT on September 7, 2019
- I see that there's a very old thread where apparently "perfect" quality music was ripped from Twilight Princess on the GameCube. I also read that apparently the SFX use the same format as the music. Given this, is a sound effect rip for the possible/available, and would voice clips from the characters of the game be counted as SFX? If not, I'm wondering if it's possible to rip the voice clips from the game? hcs, you seem quite knowledgeable on the subject; could you advise me on this matter. I'm more interested in the SFX right now than the music, but I won't lie that a lossless or midi+soundfont OST for Twilight Princess is enticing.
P.S. On the subject of GameCube OSTs, have Pikmin 1 and/or 2 been successfully ripped/converted?
edited 7:30 AM EDT September 7, 2019
edited 7:31 AM EDT September 7, 2019
- by ArcticJaguar725 at 12:39 PM EDT on September 7, 2019
- All of the sound effects from Twilight Princess are stored in .aw files. Check out this thread with Super Mario Galaxy; the two are very similarly structured, and I believe the method outlined here works with TP as well. You should check out specifically the post with baad, wsyster, and yaz0dec for general instructions.
NOTE: Twilight Princess has loads upon loads of duplicate sound effects resulting in thousands of generated files, so running through the sounds manually will be tedious work. These tools unfortunately don't export sounds with meaningful names, so it'll be a process to find what you need,
- by dj4uk6cjm at 8:08 PM EDT on September 7, 2019
- This might be the thread you are looking for if you're interested in a Twilight Princess soundfont, old and incomplete yes but still works fairly well with the midi rip here have fun.
- by kargaroc at 5:29 PM EDT on September 10, 2019
- GCtools would be great for this, but Twilight Princess causes it to break
- by Uikri at 1:00 AM EST on November 11, 2019
- Sorry about the delay. My autistic ass is oft pretty bad at responding in a timely manner.
@ArcticJaguar725 Thank you. I'll look into that. I hope it works! Oh, I just realized I neglected to inquire, are the character voice line files counted as SFX? They're what I want the most.
@dj4uk6cjm Thank you. I'll investigate and hopefully I can make it work.
@Kargaroc That sucks :(
- by ArcticJaguar725 at 2:41 AM EST on November 11, 2019
- Yes, I believe the voices and sound effects are stored within the same sound banks if I recall correctly.
edited 2:42 AM EST November 11, 2019
- by fuzziqersoftware at 1:37 AM EST on November 17, 2019
- gctools doesn't work with Twilight Princess because I don't have the game, so I never had a chance to test with it. If someone shares JaiInit.aaf, sequence.arc/JaiSeqs.arc and the .aw files with me, I can probably make it work.
- by ArcticJaguar725 at 4:15 AM EST on November 17, 2019
- I can provide you with a link to the full Audiores folder (without streams) from Twilight Princess here. Note that these files come from the Wii version of the game, but I think they're either identical or very similar to the GameCube files.
I can also give you the Audiores folder from Super Mario Galaxy since it is structured very similarly, yet not identically to that of Twilight Princess: Link
- by fuzziqersoftware at 3:40 AM EST on November 25, 2019
- Sorry, it turned out I had less free time this week than I expected... here's an update:
This commit makes gctools *kind of* work with these games - I've only tested smssynth with one or two songs per game so far, but smsdumpbanks seems to produce all the audio files. You'll have to manually extract the sequences if you want to use smssynth, but it's not hard to do so; I wrote instructions in the readme. I'll work on improving compatibility more if I have time, but I unfortunately can't make any guarantees.
- by ArcticJaguar725 at 7:10 PM EST on November 25, 2019
- Hmm, I can't seem to build the Phosg libraries for some reason. I'm getting some weird scoping errors that I think are probably related to g++, but I don't really know what I need to do to get around those.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0029s;