- Twilight Princess SFX and Music Rip? by Uikri at 5:50 AM EDT on September 7, 2019
- I see that there's a very old thread where apparently "perfect" quality music was ripped from Twilight Princess on the GameCube. I also read that apparently the SFX use the same format as the music. Given this, is a sound effect rip for the possible/available, and would voice clips from the characters of the game be counted as SFX? If not, I'm wondering if it's possible to rip the voice clips from the game? hcs, you seem quite knowledgeable on the subject; could you advise me on this matter. I'm more interested in the SFX right now than the music, but I won't lie that a lossless or midi+soundfont OST for Twilight Princess is enticing.
P.S. On the subject of GameCube OSTs, have Pikmin 1 and/or 2 been successfully ripped/converted?
edited 7:30 AM EDT September 7, 2019
edited 7:31 AM EDT September 7, 2019
- by ArcticJaguar725 at 12:39 PM EDT on September 7, 2019
- All of the sound effects from Twilight Princess are stored in .aw files. Check out this thread with Super Mario Galaxy; the two are very similarly structured, and I believe the method outlined here works with TP as well. You should check out specifically the post with baad, wsyster, and yaz0dec for general instructions.
NOTE: Twilight Princess has loads upon loads of duplicate sound effects resulting in thousands of generated files, so running through the sounds manually will be tedious work. These tools unfortunately don't export sounds with meaningful names, so it'll be a process to find what you need,
- by dj4uk6cjm at 8:08 PM EDT on September 7, 2019
- This might be the thread you are looking for if you're interested in a Twilight Princess soundfont, old and incomplete yes but still works fairly well with the midi rip here have fun.
- by kargaroc at 5:29 PM EDT on September 10, 2019
- GCtools would be great for this, but Twilight Princess causes it to break
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0028s;