- Default Windows MIDI Soundfont by MoldyPond at 12:55 AM EDT on October 26, 2019
- Does anyone happen to know if the soundfont for the default Windows MIDI settings exist anywhere as a file/bank within Windows or as a separate download as a file for Foobar’s MIDI plugin? Every other program I know of that has MIDI support works with this by just having the sound settings within Windows 98 up to 7 set to “default”, except Foobar. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
- by hcs at 3:58 AM EDT on October 26, 2019
- Perhaps this Roland GM.DLS? (which you should be able to get out of C:\windows\system32\drivers)
edited 4:00 AM EDT October 26, 2019
- by Squeals92 at 10:20 AM EDT on October 26, 2019
- You could also convert GM.dls to SF2 using Viena if you also want to use it in software that supports SF2 only for soundfonts.
- by MoldyPond at 11:34 AM EDT on October 26, 2019
- Thanks so much, this is exactly what I was looking for! :D
- by kode54 at 5:29 PM EDT on October 29, 2019
- One word: Eww.
- by MoldyPond at 6:46 PM EDT on October 29, 2019
- @kode54 Say what you will about it but it's the one soundfont I grew up with so anything else just sounds wrong. People can accept how the GBA sounds for some reason and that boggles my mind to no end :D
- by kode54 at 4:31 PM EDT on October 30, 2019
- Ah. I grew up with the plink plinks of the OPL3.
- by MoldyPond at 7:07 PM EDT on October 30, 2019
- Lol gg
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0122s;