- Manhunt 2 PC .fsb files trouble extracting. by Jack Krowell at 5:06 PM EST on November 17, 2019
- Yeah so I downloaded the .7z soundtrack file for the PC version of Manhunt 2, and I'm having issues extracting the .fsb files with fsbii.exe.
I already placed the fsbii.exe application in the same directory folder with the .fsb soundtrack files, then navigated to the said folder using the cd command in the command prompt, and ran fsbii.exe with one of the .fsb files, and yet, I still couldn't at all manage to extract any soundtrack files from the .fsb file, or even any of them from that matter.
Just how exactly do I extract those .fsb files with fsbii.exe? What exactly am I doing wrong?
Could somebody just please, give me assistance?.
- by hcs at 10:05 PM EST on November 17, 2019
- I don't understand what you're trying to do. What is wrong with the existing files?
Oh, I see, there's 14 channels in A10_Brot.fsb, I guess you want to split them out. With the vgmstream command line tool, you can decode stereo pairs with the -2 switch, like:
test.exe -o 0.wav -2 0 A10_Brot.fsb
test.exe -o 1.wav -2 1 A10_Brot.fsb
test.exe -o 2.wav -2 2 A10_Brot.fsb
There may be similar ways to do this in the foobar component. But I don't know a good way to deinterleave for this kind of file (ADPCM FSB, though I have written such a tool for MPEG FSB).
The reason this isn't well supported is that files like this are usually intended to have several of the channels mixed together, so it doesn't make much sense to separate them. You're better just decoding to 14 channel .wav and then doing the mix you want in an audio editor.
edited 10:37 PM EST November 17, 2019
- by Jack Krowell at 3:36 PM EST on November 19, 2019
- Thank you very much, sorry for all the ruck-us.
however, forgive me but, another question though, but what "vgmstream command line tool" are you referring to exactly?
- by hcs at 6:38 PM EST on November 19, 2019
- It's test.exe in test.zip, which you can find in the latest release. Extract all the .dlls as well.
- by Jack Krowell at 4:59 PM EST on November 20, 2019
- It all worked out very well indeed, I really can't express my gratitude towards you, so all I can say is, thank you, once again.
This forum wouldn't be anything without you Mr. HCS, keep up the good work and support.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0027s;