- Help! Really struggling to get playback on some .adp files by Seraphir at 8:44 PM EST on December 20, 2019
- I'm trying to decode some .adp music files from the videogame supreme snowboarding using vgmstream but neither winamp or foobar2000 seem to be able to play them.
You can get the files from the SSB_MUSIC download here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/aa6yavegr14d145/SSB_MUSIC.zip
Simply run the exe and extract the 9 .adp files.
Any help would be super appreciated!
- by hcs at 6:57 AM EST on December 21, 2019
- Huh? Why should you have to run an exe to extract .adp files? Without some more context this is fairly suspicious.
Oh, I see I guess, it's a weird patcher from here that inserts licensed songs. Still, be careful with random exes.
It'd be a lot easier to look into this if you could just upload a few of the .adps somewhere.
edited 7:03 AM EST December 21, 2019
7-Zip handles the NSIS installer directly, foruntately.
From a few sources it looks it uses this library, source code is available there, looks like IMA with block interleave. Here's some of the .adp files if someone wants to look into it, I don't think I'll go any further.
edited 7:36 AM EST December 21, 2019
- by Seraphir at 4:11 AM EST on December 23, 2019
- Thanks for looking into this hcs, I admit this does look kinda dodgey, my bad for not just uploading the .adp files myself!
I won't pretend to know what IMA with block interleave means, or how to use the source code to convert these to .mp3.
Any further help would be appreciated!
- by bnnm at 6:48 PM EST on December 26, 2019
- The format isn't supported by vgmstream. Meanwhile, you can DL this tool from the link above:
Then extract tools\win32\adpcm.exe and put together with the .adp files.
Then in the command line write:
adpcm.exe d booty.adp booty.raw 2 16
Or, make a text file named "adpcm.bat" near the exe, write this, save then open the .bat:
for %%x in (*.adp) do adpcm.exe d "%%x" "%%x.raw" 2 16
- by Seraphir at 7:55 AM EST on December 27, 2019
- bnnm you're a fucking super hero! thank you!
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0192s;