- Specific EA SCH1 issue? by BrokenTrain at 10:05 PM EST on December 20, 2019
- There seems to be a strange bug with the EA SCH1 decoder in vgmstream. It occurs in a few EA Bright Light PS2/Wii games, specifically: Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit, and Hasbro Family Game Night.
I know that the MUSIC.BIG files they have can't be played directly, but splitting the files with something like GAP will produce playable files renamed to .sng and such. The strange part however, is that a lot of the files won't output sound even though the file is playing. This only seems to happen in the latest vgmstream, as older versions (oldest one I have is r1050-739-g5b86339, from Nov 5 2017) can output the sound just fine. I haven't seen this mentioned yet, so does anyone know what's up?
- by BrokenTrain at 10:17 PM EST on December 26, 2019
- I have confirmed that two other games use this MUSIC.BIG format: Hasbro Family Game Night 2 and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
I guess I should clarify a bit about the problem. The problem is that some files output sound while others not. Again, this only happens in the newer versions of vgmstream and doesn't in older versions.
Here's the music.big file from the wii version of Monopoly if anyone wants to see what's going on: https://mega.nz/#!C3o00AQI!JWgDWzBg777t35eFEXE_YoYTUSg_pBVdF0KF424LoEw
- by BrokenTrain at 10:25 PM EST on December 26, 2019
- I forgot to mention; I noticed the string GSTR near the beginning of these files. Does that have to do with the files not outputting sound?
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0028s;