- NDS Tracker Format by Fleety at 1:46 AM EST on December 29, 2019
- Is it possible to rip a DS game that uses a tracker format? The game I'm interested in is Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force, which uses FastTracker, and can't be ripped with music translators like VGMTrans since it doesn't use midis. Every other game composed by Bart Roijmans for the DS uses it as well.
Using a DS emulator you can isolate each instrument channel, which has been useful in recreations but isn't efficient.
The music.bin file in the files isn't easy to work with, putting the .bin file in Audacity gave nothing but noise, however encoding it gave some (but not all) of the samples [very distorted and loud at some parts]. It would be nice to know if there was a way to accurately rip these games.
- by WDLmaster at 2:47 PM EST on December 29, 2019
- If the files inside MUSIC.BIN are uncompressed you should be able to rip them using any multi purpose ripper that's capable of ripping XM files (like the DOS program MultiRipper) Alternatively you can upload the file so I can have a look into it...
- by Fleety at 4:38 PM EST on December 29, 2019
- Oh cool, thanks. Here is the file from the ROM. (Compressed as I'm not the one who worked with it, Excalibur624 said he used the 4 bit IMA ADPCM encoding in VGMToolbox)
Here's what you get when you encode it, WARNING, VERY LOUD AT SOME PARTS.
The ROM also if needed https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RG_p4RxtW3J_t4vzpXF7Rk7l843nrLfK/view?usp=sharing
(Also all of the extracted files from the ROM) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TLBJhdSKnxo8QYbld3NVhq9w2CcjfJBm/view?usp=sharing
edited 5:05 PM EST December 29, 2019
- by WDLmaster at 6:02 PM EST on December 29, 2019
- This seems to be a proprietary format. It's certainly not XM because it lacks a valid file header. FastTracker samples are delta-encoded, the samples in MUSIC.BIN are not. XM does not originally support sample compression. Those samples are the loud ones (presumably ADPCM), the rest of them are uncompressed ones. The file also lacks any XM-like sequence data. There seems to be some sequence data after the samples but the layout looks nothing like XM.
- by Fleety at 6:05 PM EST on December 29, 2019
- Ah, thanks for the information. I assume there isn't an easy way to rip and use the sequence data then.
edited 1:14 AM EST December 30, 2019
- Pc Game by LOOPZ121 at 2:32 PM EST on December 30, 2019
- Nice Sharing very informative
edited 2:33 PM EST December 30, 2019
edited 2:34 PM EST December 30, 2019
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0029s;