- CookieRun OvenBreak sequenced music files (.mid) by kookeerawn at 9:17 PM EDT on May 7, 2020
- The MIDI files in CookieRun OvenBreak can be playable in-game, but not in the MIDI player.
I tried swapping a regular MIDI file (flourish.mid for example) into the game, but the game couldn't play that song.
Maybe the CROB MIDIs are encrypted and they're probably FSB files in disguise in which they contain original MIDI files.
Each MIDI file in CROB starts with the number 7. The number 7 might be the first letter of the password.
Can you please help me on decrypting all the MIDI files in CROB?
Here's a link containing all the encrypted MIDIs, including the soundfont file
MIDIs renamed into FSBs if they don't work
edited 9:18 PM EDT May 7, 2020
- by WDLmaster at 3:49 PM EDT on May 13, 2020
- These are raw MIDI files which are just scrambled using the same pattern for every file. The "7" you mentioned is a scrambled "M" from "MThd". The first 10 bytes (header except delta value) and offsets 14 to 19 (first track header including 2 zeros of track length) are always identical. Those constant bytes can be used to de-XOR a few values but they're not enough to derive a clear scramble pattern.
If the game holds a copy of a complete de-scrambled MIDI file in RAM, it can theoretically be used to generate the scrambling pattern.
edited 3:59 PM EDT May 13, 2020
- by kookeerawn at 12:40 AM EDT on May 17, 2020
- I was right! The MIDI files are actually RAW files but ciphered! Now if only someone could write a program to decipher the CROB MIDI files.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0026s;