- by JacintaB19 at 4:43 AM EDT on June 4, 2020
- More ISOs are coming your way!
Schoolhouse Rock: America Rock & Sesame Street: Elmo's Reading Basics, Grover's Travels, and Baby & Me
edited 9:09 AM EDT June 4, 2020
- by WDLmaster at 7:53 AM EDT on June 4, 2020
- Strange. So far every file I uploaded was always visible/accessible to anyone. Try downloading it again.
As for "Magnificent Puppet Show": I don't know? I only work with folders provided by the ISOs. There is a "MADELINE" folder which contains the MAV files and another folder named "MADTG". I don't know which is which because I do not install anything. I just extract all ISOs and work with the files directly.
EDIT: oh, now I see! Yes, the converter is only for "Puppet Show" and "European Adventures" then. I mistakenly said in my last post it's for "Thinking Games" but I was wrong. Thinking games have no single file format but mostly embedded stuff.
edited 8:03 AM EDT June 4, 2020
- by Puterboy1 at 11:06 AM EDT on June 4, 2020
- I am getting this error with MAV2WAV:
Exception EInOutError in module MAV2WAV.exe at 00008DBC.
Nevermind, I have to put it in a folder.
edited 11:06 AM EDT June 4, 2020
- by WDLmaster at 12:06 PM EDT on June 4, 2020
- There might still be incompatibilities all over the place because the more ISOs I have to dissect the more stuff I discover about those file formats. The current versions of the 4 tools I created so far work "most of the time" but not always because I did not invest too much time into complete reverse engineering. It will take considerably more time for it to be more compatible with every file there is. Also, the tools do zero sanity checks at the moment so if a file has some unknown stuff going on some undefined program behavior can occur.
In one of the last ISOs I discovered two more variants of the DIR file type (DXR and CXT) which has stereo samples, something I did not take into consideration until now. Also, CON files which I presumed only had PCM audio, also contain ADPCM compression which is not yet supported etc [...]
Madeline also has yet another Video-like format (AVC) which seems to be similar to MAV but with different header or whatever.
- by WDLmaster at 12:59 PM EDT on June 6, 2020
- I updated CON2WAV to support the "baby_me" ISO (whatever the real game name might be). It's the only game so far that uses 4-bit ADPCM samples. As far as I can tell, the converter now supports every game that uses CON files. I'm not going to listen to 10000+ sounds to see if everything works.
- by JacintaB19 at 1:59 PM EDT on June 6, 2020
- More ISOs for today.
Sesame Street: The 3 Grouchketeers
Sesame Street: Elmo Through The Looking Glass
Madeline: Rainy Day Activities
Schoolhouse Rock: Math Rock
Schoolhouse Rock: Exploration Station
ABC World Reference: 3D Atlas 97 and 98
ABC World Reference: Wide World Of Animals
Just copy and paste the links to get the ISOs.
edited 12:19 PM EDT June 7, 2020
- by WDLmaster at 6:45 PM EDT on June 7, 2020
- The "Atlas" ISOs only have standard files like WAV and AVI. I can't see a whole lot of hidden stuff except the spoken names of countries in the "postcard" folder of the "3D Atlas 98" ISO, which are standard WAV files inside CHK files. What exactly is the problem with these two?
As for all the others: all it comes down to are basically 4 archive/container formats (CON, CWW, MAV and DIR) where DIR has a few more deviations which are basically identical just with different extension (DXR, CXT). These are actually Adobe Director files. They store stuff in confusing ways which leads to imperfect extraction.
CON files seem to work quite well as of now so I think I'm going to continue with CWW or DIR which work already but not quite perfect.
- by JacintaB19 at 7:15 AM EDT on June 8, 2020
- There are some more Roms that i haven't checked on the Internet Archive.
To find them, use these links to find and get the ones you want.
edited 7:18 AM EDT June 8, 2020
- by WDLmaster at 4:14 PM EDT on June 9, 2020
- "To find what I want?" I want nothing, especially not more ISOs. I already have plenty of ISOs to work with. You can test every game that uses CON files by you own. Only if something's not working you can report it here. In the meantime I'll continue to "refine" the other formats – can take a while though.
- by WDLmaster at 11:51 AM EDT on June 10, 2020
- I updated CWW2WAV. It should work now with all (?) CWW files. At least the 3200+ that I tested were converted without errors.
edited 11:51 AM EDT June 10, 2020
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software