- Getting sounds from CPS-2 arcade games by JacintaB19 at 11:09 AM EDT on May 23, 2020
- I'm wanting to rip sounds from Capcom's CPS-2 arcade games, not the BGM. Are there any tools, or programs that can help?
- by kode54 at 8:07 PM EDT on May 23, 2020
- The sample ROMs are raw 8 bit PCM, so you shouldn't have any trouble locating the raw sample data. As for rendered sound effects, you could try logging VGMs of them from the sound test, and splice them up.
- by JacintaB19 at 8:56 PM EDT on May 23, 2020
- And how do i get the VGMs? Any help?
- by Kirishima at 7:03 PM EDT on June 2, 2020
- You could just use the soundtest menu. All CPS2 (AFAIK) games have a sound test, otherwise use mamecheats. If you're trying to get actual samples out, then I would just use vgmtrans to create an sf2 file for that, than just extract the wav files and modify each file from there.
edited 7:04 PM EDT June 2, 2020
- by JacintaB19 at 1:55 PM EDT on June 3, 2020
- How do you get the sf2 files...
- by Kirishima at 7:07 AM EDT on June 4, 2020
After following the instructions specified above, you right click/save as on the file that should be the obvious instrument bank. If the mame rom doesn't load in vgmtrans, the you either got a clone rom or the rom perimeters in the mame xml file used by vgmtrans for that specific romset are incorrect. In which case, you might as well use mame or any emulator that plays CPS2 games and record from the soundtest menu.
- by JacintaB19 at 6:41 AM EDT on June 5, 2020
- I don't use VGMTrans.
The games that i'm wanting to rip the sounds and voices from are Super Gem Fighter: Mini Mix and Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo.
How can I get the sounds, instuments and voices from both games with a different sound extractor, like VGMToolbox or something.
edited 6:24 AM EDT June 6, 2020
- by JacintaB19 at 8:41 AM EDT on June 6, 2020
- The two games above that i'm trying to rip use Qsound. So how am I going to extract the sounds, instuments and voices from CPS-2 games that use QSound.
- by JacintaB19 at 10:30 AM EDT on June 10, 2020
- Any help to get the .QSF, .QSFLIB and .MINIQSF files from games that use QSound. I need help.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0465s;