- PrimeBlue FLAC Metroid Prime 2 Rip by eyevandy at 4:17 PM EDT on August 19, 2020
- In this thread many many years ago, a person named PrimeBlue/valiant linked to some rips of Metroid Prime 1 & 2.
They're not straight rips; PrimeBlue apparently fixed several issues with the source files from the disc.
The rips are still pretty easy to find, with the exception of the FLAC variant of MP2. It's completely disappeared from the Internet as far as I can tell.
It seems like at least one person (jurassicPieter) that responded in that thread is still active here, but it doesn't seem like this forum has DM's. I can't find any recent activity from PrimeBlue anywhere. I'd love any help in tracking down this soundtrack before it's gone forever.
- by jurassicPieter at 6:25 PM EDT on August 24, 2020
- hi i still have Primeblue's rip of metroid prime as flac. It's 912MB. I never had his MP2 rip.
I'm inactive in the ripping scene as my wife and kids get all the attention. I still read the forums here though. I'll see if I have the time to upload.
edited 6:26 PM EDT August 24, 2020
- by eyevandy at 9:44 AM EDT on August 26, 2020
- Thanks for checking in - no need to reupload MP1, the FLAC version is available for download on metroid-database.com.
MP2 is going to be a challenge I guess.
- by kode54 at 8:22 PM EDT on August 26, 2020
- Why don't you just make your own FLAC conversion from the original source files?
- by eyevandy at 12:45 PM EDT on August 27, 2020
- I would, but apparently Prime Blue fixed a lot of audio errors and that's not a skill I possess.
- by hcs at 6:17 PM EDT on August 27, 2020
- With MP1 I think there were a number of issues that were even present in the DSPs and even on the OST, valiant used the OST where possible and fixed the loops.
But I don't think there ever was a Prime 2 rip, which would explain why no one can find it. It sounds like it was planned back in July 2009 and still possible August 26, but I don't see any more about it on this forum after that.
This confusion may come from the fact that the thread is titled "Metroid Prime 1 & 2", but I think the megaupload links were only for a Metroid Prime 1 rip.
edited 6:22 PM EDT August 27, 2020
Well, I guess this site got it from somewhere, so it must have existed, but are we sure there was a FLAC release?
edited 6:25 PM EDT August 27, 2020
At least one blog thought it hadn't been released yet as of September 3, 2010
edited 6:37 PM EDT August 27, 2020
And someone here thought it wasn't out January 1, 2011.
It may have only showed up on GFF?
edited 6:40 PM EDT August 27, 2020
- by eyevandy at 12:08 AM EDT on August 28, 2020
- You are right, the thread title threw me off. There does not actually seem to be a mention of a FLAC version anywhere.
But it seems like Prime Blue had been doing MP3 and FLAC releases together for quite a while, so it's hard to imagine how metroid-database got a hold of an MP3 version without the FLAC version existing.
I've tracked down Prime Blue to an account with some recent activity, but I have no idea if they are trying to break connections and I don't want to dox him/her. We'll see if they respond.
I did see download links for Prime Blue's rips of the GB Zelda games - anyone still have those?
- by hcs at 5:43 PM EDT on August 28, 2020
- I don't recall GB Zelda rips, there was one of Twilight Princess, and one with certain extras for Wind Waker (here). Happy to hear about them if they're extant.
Oh, huh, there it is (with dead link), I'll see if I can find a copy.
edited 5:47 PM EDT August 28, 2020
No luck, if anyone can dig it up that'd be great!
edited 8:04 PM EDT August 28, 2020
- by CapComMDb at 10:48 AM EST on December 22, 2020
- As the guy who uploaded the Metroid Database music, I can say definitively that Prime Blue never distributed the MP2 FLAC files. I asked for them at some point, but never got a copy. He said the errors were also extant in Metroid Prime 3 and in some of Kenji Yamamoto's other scores, like Excite Truck. He decided at some point to remove his presence from the web. LMK if you ever tracked him down.
Here are some of his other rips. I do not have the GB Zelda collection.
The Wind Waker Extras
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software