- Ripping music, sounds and voices from Wonderswan games by JacintaB19 at 7:28 AM EDT on September 23, 2020
- Are there any known tools so far for me to extract music, sequence data, and sounds from Wonderswan games?
edited 7:29 AM EDT September 23, 2020
- by Knurek at 5:28 PM EDT on September 23, 2020
- I mean, there's an emulated format with rips for (most of the) games available at joshw
- by abuse of circ at 7:37 PM EDT on September 23, 2020
- Not really. I'm not aware of any tools specifically for working with sound in WS games. Debugging emulators are relatively hardcore and I don't think any WonderWitch software will help (certainly not with commercial games).
I believe you can technically log .VGM format files from WonderSwan games using this modified version of MAME, but MAME's sound emulation for the WS is incomplete, missing things like noise through Channel 4. You might still be able to do something like extract samples from the resultant logs, but doing that can sometimes be rather cumbersome (example). And you could probably do something similar with a WSR file.
Is there a specific game you're interested in?
- by JacintaB19 at 11:21 AM EDT on September 24, 2020
- I'm interested in getting the sounds and voices from Pocket Fighter. The game has a hidden sound test, and you can access it by setting the SRAM offset 0x377 to value 0x3F.
Also, does this port have instument samples?
edited 11:41 AM EDT September 24, 2020
- by Puterboy1 at 12:38 AM EDT on September 25, 2020
- You will upload them to the Sounds Resource if you are successful, will you?
- by JacintaB19 at 6:12 AM EDT on October 5, 2020
- Um... I might have already uploaded the sound effects.
edited 6:13 AM EDT October 5, 2020
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software