- Help on Rhythm Heaven Megamix's unplayable sound files by JacintaB19 at 9:45 AM EST on November 10, 2020
- In a folder I downloaded, I noticed that there are .AAC (MPEG-2 AAC), .BCGROUP, and .BCSTM files, as well as .BCSAR, .BCWAV and .CDC files. They also couldn't be played in foobar 2000.
How can I make these music files playable?
edited 9:49 AM EST November 10, 2020
- by JacintaB19 at 10:23 AM EST on November 13, 2020
- Any help on how to make all the .AAC (MPEG-2 AAC), .BCGROUP, and .BCSTM files playable will be of use. Please, anyone?
edited 10:23 AM EST November 13, 2020
- by almendaz at 10:46 PM EST on November 17, 2020
Using any hex editor, you will FIRSTLY make sure that the data in those files really contains those formats (as filename extension is meaningless from the data extraction standpoint).
ACC is an audio format, but it needs a container (i.e. mp4, m4a, ogg, mkv, etc) in order to make this file "playable" in audio players.
This and the other formats could be make playable with VGMstream and txtp/txth files, with the adequate parameters.
- by JacintaB19 at 7:33 AM EST on November 18, 2020
- I just downloaded an hex editor. Now what can i do first to make the files work with the right parameters? Any help?
edited 7:38 AM EST November 18, 2020
- by almendaz at 4:38 AM EST on November 19, 2020
- Figuring the sound parameters is the hard part of all this effort. You can take a look at VGMPF wiki pages for knowledge base.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software