- anybody still has testpack.nds? by RandomHajile at 11:32 PM EST on December 26, 2020
I've been trying to find a way to rip vgm from obscure nds games. I understand that there are archives that collect nds vgm already like Zophar's Music Domain but vgm of the game I'm trying to rip isn't on there. I have VGMToolBox and I'm trying to use the function NDSTo2SF but I don't have testpack.nds. I've been searching for it but it's been at least 4-5 years since testpack.nds's last discussed. I asked FAST6191 and kode54 about it, to which they replied that they don't have access to the file anymore. If anyone still does, would you mind uploading the file for me?
Thanks in advance for your replies.
- by RandomHajile at 11:56 PM EST on December 26, 2020
- I've also searched term "testpack.nds" on this forum, which led me to CaitSith2's original directory in 2009.
snakemeat said that testpack.nds can be found in the rip kit, referring to "nobrainer_2sf_rip_kit.rar" in the picture, so if anybody still has the kit, I would like that as well. Other leads on this forum, as well as from Google Searches, are all dead-ends.
edited 12:00 AM EST December 27, 2020
- by hcs at 3:13 AM EST on December 27, 2020
- I think at least the 2sftool in the rip kit was included in vgmtoolbox for a while, you can find that here, the last version before it was removed. I'll look around to see if I have anything else in that area.
Found testpack.nds and friends
edited 3:18 AM EST December 27, 2020
I should add that there are probably better ways to make 2SF these days, though I don't know much about it myself.
edited 5:06 AM EST December 27, 2020
- by RandomHajile at 11:48 AM EST on December 28, 2020
- Tysm! testpack.nds's friends also very helpful and a very welcoming surprise!
I really appreciate your help, thank you! The files are more than enough
I'm really surprised how software from 11 years ago are still preserved here. This place's really an amazing collaborative effort!
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software