- Soul Calibur 1 Sequenced music extraction by fedex1 at 5:34 AM EST on January 4, 2021
- I would like to know if it is possible to extract the sequenced music + soundfont (so that after that I can get the .midi to play on fl studio) from the game: Soul Calibur 1
I'm not sure that can be done since I went here: https://www.zophar.net/music/sega-dreamcast-dsf/soulcalibur (Dreamcast version) but the size of the original file music is too big that let me think about streamed music, but I am asking anyways
So I searched for another way and I found the Vgz for the arcade version of the game: https://vgmrips.net/packs/pack/soulcalibur-namco-system-12
The problem is that I don't know how to convert the vgz to sequence (midi)/sf2, trying to extract with 7zip will get you a file with no extension. Tried using Vgmtrans and vgmtoolbox with no success
Is there any ways or cannot be done?
- by dj4uk6cjm at 1:19 PM EST on January 4, 2021
- VGZ is just compressed VGM, so rename the VGZ in question to the extension .VGM.GZ then extract it with something like winrar or 7zip and voila! You have your VGM in that folder, I don't know if converting it to midi will work though but give it a shot and upload the midis here if you're successful because I wouldn't mind playing around with them myself lol as for obtaining a soundfont from the game I can't help you with that sorry! Maybe someone else here with more expertise can assist?
edited 1:19 PM EST January 4, 2021
edited 1:42 PM EST January 4, 2021
- by fedex1 at 1:27 PM EST on January 4, 2021
- Already extracted the VGM from the VGZ, thanks! However I really don't know how to convert the vgm to midi, any methods don't work.
At this point I really think that is a streamed track.
I really don't mind about the soundfont since what I do to make a remake with better instruments is just the midi, I just use the soundfont for recognizing what instrument is inside fl studio, but I can recognize them anyways without the sf2.
I will post all the midi when done!
If someone can help would be great :)
- by dj4uk6cjm at 1:47 PM EST on January 4, 2021
- It probably is streamed since I couldn't find a psf OST set of the game, even the one on JoshW site contains .XA files only, so we may be outta luck at trying to get sequences from the game which sucks since I'm all for hearing some remakes of SC1 using modern instruments.
- by Kirishima at 5:04 PM EST on January 6, 2021
- Due to the processes involved in ripping vgms, you're likely not going to get anything useful out of them for a midi/sf2 conversion. On top of that, these games usually utilized more than 16 channels for their music, which may cause problems. There is a vgm2midi program available, but that's more for fm based chips than pcm ones. If any sort of midi/sf2 converter pops up, it would most likely be for the unmodified arcade rom set itself, like how vgmtrans works with cps2 qsound games.
edited 7:57 PM EST January 6, 2021
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software