- Channel muting in foo_input_adplug? by VGMStreamer at 2:11 PM EST on February 2, 2021
- I'm not sure if this is suited for this forum, but I was wondering if there is a way to mute individual instruments or channels with adplug for foobar2000?
I'd like to output each channel to a separate WAV file based on the plugin's current configuration settings. Currently, the best way to do this is to use a third party application to split an source sequence into separate sequences per instrument. This works, but has the drawbacks of only working with formats the third party application supports and the resulting file doesn't always line up perfectly with the original, which can cause problems with timing.
Is there a way to select specific channels when using plugin? And if not, is this even a plausible idea?
- by dj4uk6cjm at 4:19 PM EST on February 3, 2021
- Bumping for visibility!
I'd like a way for this too except for psf2 and 2sf files, are there any tools out there that mute the individual channels? I tried doing it with an old version of vio2sf with some 2sf songs and there were still other channels jumbled in, making it impossible to isolate certain instruments...
- by kode54 at 9:48 PM EST on February 3, 2021
- Kind of useless, since most of the formats just used channels in a random or cyclical order anyway.
- by VGMStreamer at 6:08 PM EDT on June 23, 2021
- I'd still be interested in the idea even if that is the case. It might not be a straightforward per-instrument situation like I hoped, but having a way to separate voices would still be extremely useful, just for the fact that things would be isolated.
It's possible with other tools such as IMF2WAV, but adplug is more compatible and I'd like to make use of the NukedOPL3 emulator.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software