- Motion Gravure Series by jethrobackswamp at 3:22 AM EDT on March 26, 2021
- i was trying to get the soundtracks of these games but theres no *pak_dir.vpk file in them. is there another way to get the sounds out of them or am i just doing something wrong? sorry im new to this
- by punk7890-2 at 3:40 AM EDT on March 27, 2021
- If you are talking about the PS2 Motion Gravure series, I already ripped them and they are up on joshw.
- by jethrobackswamp at 5:25 AM EDT on March 27, 2021
- i was able to get it working with foobar and the vgmstream plugin, but for some reason nothing was showing up in gfscape
- by abuse of circ at 9:36 PM EDT on March 29, 2021
- Not the same kind of VPKs. GCFScape is to open the format that Valve uses to pack data for their games when they distribute them via Steam - this dates back about ten years. It's usually an actual archive of files, similar to ZIP or WAD.
The VPK files that appear in Sony PS2/PS3 games are a format from twenty years ago, and are almost certainly just some kind of ADPCM stream with a custom header/encoding/whatever. There's not really anything to open, it's just music data and a little bit of extra information for how to handle it. Nothing to do with it but play it in VGMStream, with the unlikely but possible exception of leaked Sony development software (again, from two decades ago).
There's a number of other miscellaneous formats that use the .VPK extension, with no relation to the above two. It can be easy to get tripped up on this kind of stuff, but you should try to do a little more research on what kind of file you might have on your hands before you try to do cyber-surgery on them.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software