- Panzer Dragoon Saga: extracting missing tracks from the ROM by fedex1 at 6:01 AM EDT on June 3, 2021
I’m currently extracting all the music files from the rom of PDS, I can get the .seq (midi) and .bin (soundbank) for every track basically, but I can’t seem to find some tracks that are on the official memorial album of Panzer Dragoon Saga, liek “Into the promised land”, “Tears”, "Village of Zoah", "Eternal Farewell" and more.
How to get them? They are in a different format? They were only added in the release album and not in the official game?
You can get a list of all the files here: https://hiddenpalace.org/Panzer_Dragoon_Saga_(Dec_22,_1997_prototype)
- by fedex1 at 8:38 AM EDT on June 7, 2021
- by almendaz at 1:00 AM EDT on June 8, 2021
According to the link you posted, there is a .SEQ file and acompanying .BIN, but not for all of them in pairs: you would have to test different .SEQ/.BIN combinations for the lone .SEQ. There are about 80 music tracks discarding sfx. Some missing track could be PCM (redbook) according to redump. Some other music could be from FMV, but can't tell if from this game ("prototype") or from another revision, as I cannot identify which files represent FMV just from the list - maybe the .CPK/.EPK(?). Didn't have the time to examine the disc image.
- by fedex1 at 5:46 PM EDT on June 9, 2021
- Thank you for the reply almendaz!
About half of the seq files are sound effects, I do know because when I convert them to midi I get a bunch of 1kb midi with just one note in it, also it usually end with SE (ex. A7SE.SEQ).
I don't know how to extract files from the .cpk, there are any software around?
I'm starting to think that those that aren't on seq format are just from pcm linked to cutscenes..
- by hcs at 6:31 PM EDT on June 9, 2021
- CPK is Cinepak video, if you search for "saturn cpk converter" you'll find a few options.
edited 6:36 PM EDT June 9, 2021
- by almendaz at 12:38 AM EDT on June 10, 2021
- Also, you can try playing with mpc-hc or ffplay (from ffmpeg) if .cpk is standard cinepak & verify if they have the missing music.
- by fedex1 at 3:52 AM EDT on June 10, 2021
- Thanks again, I've tried using converters and they work but I also realised that cutscenes are up on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYiSgCtk9F4
And basically all the music I need are tied to cutscenes, so they are PCM, but I wanted SEQ..
Sad react :(
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software