- how to extract files from Sega Naomi gd rom by hb-x3 at 8:10 PM EDT on June 6, 2021
- hi, im trying to extract sega naomi gd-rom verion of Capcom vs Snk 2. i am left with decypted .DAT file. i dont know how to open and extract its contents.
- by almendaz at 1:13 AM EDT on June 8, 2021
- GD images are not too (structurally) different from CD/DVD ones. The .DAT file could be the GD image, except not directly mountable with disc imaging software, as block/sector sizes are not the same as aforementioned CD/DVD's. You may get some insight by examining .DAT file with hex editor and trying to figure contents. Data is segmented by 1 KiB-size "sectors" iirc (not sure).
edited 1:14 AM EDT June 8, 2021
- by hb-x3 at 1:44 AM EDT on June 8, 2021
- hi, almendaz, thanks for the reply. I already extracted this gdrom.
Its gives me the following three files :
BDV.BIN , NAOMIGD.BIN , SNKGD_SL.BIN
SNKGD_SL.BIN is the main binary, and is 152 mb, so that's where i think all game files are located. im trying to unpack this file. So far I cant find anything to do so. Also, I decrypted the
SNKGD_SL.BIN and ended with .dat file, which is the same size.
edited 1:57 AM EDT June 8, 2021
- by hb-x3 at 5:26 PM EDT on June 8, 2021
- by almendaz at 12:29 AM EDT on June 9, 2021
- No need to bump, I answer on a daily basis, where possible - bump only after a week of silence :)
Probably one of the small files or even the main .DAT could contain data table/TOC/something which could help with unpacking the decrypted .DAT file. Not guaranteed the presence of said "TOC" for any VFS. Worst case scenario, would have to inspect decrypted .DAT file and try to split it into recognizable "blobs"/chunks of data, so as to figure its contents. Look for some 4-byte "magic" text, offset values (L-Endian I think), RGB patters, (AD)PCM-like bytes or the like in .DAT usig hex editor.
Otherwise, either "TOC" could be (moreover) encrypted/compressed, or there is no "TOC" & resort to manual splitting.
- by hb-x3 at 2:13 AM EDT on June 9, 2021
- Hi, almendaz, thanks again for replying.
So I opened the . dat file in a hex editor
and there was a text string that caught
my eye which was called Capcom vs Snk 2 USA. This is what I was looking to extract. Im a total noob, when i comes to this. What would you suggest I could do next ?
- by almendaz at 12:44 AM EDT on June 10, 2021
- The found text could be indicative of unencrypted/uncompressed data. Try to find more text in the .dat file. There is no straight way to extract contents unless splitting the data manually & spending time.
Otherwise, upload the .dat file and we'll take a look.
- by hb-x3 at 11:19 PM EDT on June 10, 2021
- this is the link for the .dat file
edited 11:19 PM EDT June 10, 2021
edited 11:20 PM EDT June 10, 2021
- by almendaz at 8:26 PM EDT on June 14, 2021
- Hello - I could reserve a bit of time today.
Some GD-ROM images have VFS attached, I can't tell why your upload does not have one, maybe non-dump or altered image packing (i.e. non .gdi), or just different revisions. I'm not into CD dumping methodology/scene.
Sorry that I couldn't help you with your file. It's from GDL-0008. Unfortunately it's too much hassle without the TOC - as if TOC was really in another file (or ROM if guiding from dumpers terminology).
So, I searched instead for another image dump* for the same game, T1 249 M, non "GDL" supposedly, and extracted its contents.
Pswd is "w4wcvs2#df2k" (without quotes).
Curiously this extract has more data that what the size of SNKGD_SL.BIN would tell. Hopefully they have the common files.
- by hb-x3 at 6:08 PM EDT on June 15, 2021
- HI, almendaz. Would it help if I post .gdi files package from gdl-0008 ? The gdi is the Toc, which can be mounted in gdi explorer. or would you prefer a .cue file. I think the file you posted is for dreamcast verison of CVS2, not the naomi verison.
edited 6:54 PM EDT June 15, 2021
 (3 hours left)
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software