- Getting the textures, text files, and other stuff from Rhythm Heaven Megamix's .ZLIB files by jb2021 at 8:21 PM EDT on July 18, 2021
- I've unpacked the European version of Megamix (JP, KOR and US versions will also be added later), but how can I get the textures, text messages, in-game fonts, etc. out of it's compressed .ZLIB files?
Are there any tools that can help?
edited 2:18 PM EDT July 19, 2021
- by almendaz at 11:57 PM EDT on July 19, 2021
I could be mistaken, I do not know compression algorythms too well.
The first 4-bytes for these .zlib files could have meaning for 3DS data (e.g. filesystem). So I assumed compressed chunk starts after this very 4-byte header.
Use VGMtoolbox > Misc. Tools > Compression Tools > zlib Compress/Decompress: "Decompress", use "Starting offset" as "0x4", drag&drop those .zlib files.
- by jb2021 at 11:40 AM EDT on July 23, 2021
- I tried that, and the textures, messages, fonts and stuff didn't extract, but the files I dragged and dropped into the program are now .ZLIBX files. What could I do now to get the in-game stuff?
edited 11:41 AM EDT July 23, 2021
- by almendaz at 11:16 PM EDT on July 23, 2021
- The .zlibx extension is a 'extension' appended by vgmtoolbox to any file that is zlib-uncompressed. According to hex editor, many of them (I did NOT test ALL of them!) are SARC files, or have "SARC" 4-byte signature in them. This format should be specific to the game system.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software